The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Here's mine, set up for doorkicking.

11149432_640081257714_609630030465402667

The wings on the mount in this pic were an experiment using some spare kydex and a bit of drilling and gluing, but they didn't match each other so I made some better ones:

post-7312-0-42788200-1428615045_thumb.jpg  post-7312-0-35215900-1428615108_thumb.jpg

I've seen the aimpoint magnifier in use with the comp m4 but not with the 552 so I assume it would be the that one, but not certain.There's a really cool pic of a pimped l119a1 from C&S magazine in this thread somewhere sporting a comp m4/magnifier setup.

Edited by Detail 2

yea thanks, because i didnt think about that.......  

i was actually wandering if they were used with the aimpoint magnifier (if it fits) or if they just used an eotech one?

if its the latter, ill probably pick up an aimpoint comp 4 clone and magnifier instead of using the eotech.

As said, they even sported the ACOG+EOTech Combo. 

Whatever works.

Comp M4 and AP Mag seems to be the more popular Combo.

Although some still sport the M2. It´s lighter and not as bulky as the M4.

ah sorry. thought you meant acog on its own. acog plus eotech is interesting. i'll try it. alternitively, as you said, comp4 and ap mag will be the best route.

Although some still sport the M2. It´s lighter and not as bulky as the M4

cheers.

Hi, folks. I'm just about to build an L119A1 SFW 16" but I've run into a few problems. First off I was going to use an old AGM M4 as a base gun, I'd already fitted a XM-177 stock but the Delta Ring on the AGM was a different style to the usual 'sprocket type so I bought a used Delta Ring, it fitted fine but I then bought a used RIS fore end which didn't come with the front plate and didn't fit my stock front plate.

At this point I decided to buy a Cyma M4 CQB which came with a RIS fore end and purchased the following,

G&P Storm Grip

Warlord Tactical 2 piece L119A1 Barrel

Warlord Tactical Fore sight (Reinforced)

Warlord Tactical Butt Pad

Warlord Tactical Sling Plate

Begadi DIS

FH-556 Style Flash Hider

With all the parts collected I figured it would be simple to fit them but no.

1st the Storm Grip didn't fit properly but I trimmed it and eventually managed to fit the grip to the receiver and get the motor to fit the grip. With that done I assumed it would be plain sailing but wrong again, the sling plate will need modded (fairly simple) as it doesn't fit over the tail on the receiver. The biggest problem however is the barrel/fore end/fore sight. The main barrel section is basically too short, with the fore sight fitted there isn't enough space to fit the RIS fore end or with the RIS fitted the sight is too far forward to let the retaining pins side through the grooves in the barrel. I could add the L119A1 barrel extension to my stock barrel but then the barrel looks too long, extending too far past the fore sight.

I'm not sure if the problem is the Cyma RIS or the Warlord Tactical barrel, I checked the length of the RIS against the length of the plastic fore end of my G&P M653 and they're the same length so a G&P RIS won't solve the problem, the RIS/barrel problem is about 10-15mm, i.e the barrel is 10-15mm too short or the RIS is 10-15mm too long.

Has anyone else come across this problem, it was mentioned way back but related to a Barrel by a different company. Can anyone tell me how far the L119A1 SFW barrel should extent past the fore sight and long it should be from the Delta ring to the end of the barrel not counting the flash hider, i.e to the end of the threaded section.

I've now ordered a Begadi L119A1 extension and an Army Code 10"+4.5" barrel set to see if I can sort something but that's about all I can afford to spend on guesswork.

Update to the above, the Begadi extension arrived and fitted to the end of the stock CQB barrel it looks right and is threaded the same as the Warlord tactical 2 piece barrel, left hand thread on both ends. I also filled the cut outs on the Warlord tactical sling plate to fit the receiver tail.

The only thing left to do is paint the fore sight, flash hider and sling plate, fit a full length inner barrel and downgrade the spring to under 328fps, it's currently running a shade over 400.

Another question, when did they start to issue PTS EMags?

Cheers, so if I wanted to use EMAGS I could use the same ACOG TA-31 c/w Top mounted Red Dot that I use on my SA80. If so I'd need to swap the mount I'm currently using for the red dot for a wing mount. 

If I use the DIS would a regular M4 style flash hider be more accurate than the Surefire rep I have fitted?

If you're building an SFW then I've only ever seen them with the older TA01 style ACOGs - and unless you're going for an SFSG/pathfinder build, then yes, the wingmount is typical of all CQB L119A1s I've seen (please bear in mind I don't have any direct knowledge or experience - just a keen interest).

I'd say EMAGs are fine for any post 2009 impression and it shouldn't matter what other accessories you're using. The EMAG is very popular across the board for its lighter weight and strong construction.

DISs are not generally used (unless operating in humid climates, apparently). The lads are issued with TA01 ACOGs with JPoint style red dots and wing mounts, as well as EoTech 552s. Aimpoint sights are also popular with the CompM4 making a few appearances.

Regular M4 flash hider is fine but most will use the surefire for compatibility with the 556 suppressor.

Here are a couple of snaps of my L119A1 which is about as accurate as I could get it (no EMAG/PMAG sadly as it's an Inokatsu build):

8fDmsVW.jpg?2

Tp74BsT.jpg?2

Edited by Hicks

Cheers, so if I wanted to use EMAGS I could use the same ACOG TA-31 c/w Top mounted Red Dot that I use on my SA80. If so I'd need to swap the mount I'm currently using for the red dot for a wing mount. 

TA31 arent that common on sfw´s afaik.

If I use the DIS would a regular M4 style flash hider be more accurate than the Surefire rep I have fitted?

Those arent linked necessarily.

Some CQB´s have a DIS and SF/Supp.

On current era Jungle Ops you can see DIS and the new 216.

Or some go with ACOG and birdcage.

It all depends on the task, company, era etc..

If you're building an SFW then I've only ever seen them with the older TA01 style ACOGs - and unless you're going for an SFSG/pathfinder build, then yes, the wingmount is typical of all CQB L119A1s I've seen (please bear in mind I don't have any direct knowledge or experience - just a keen interest).

Older CQB´s only had the ironsight on the ACOG. RD comes later.

Mag-wise.

PMag´s seem to be more popular than EMAG´s.

Also, the regular steel mags still seem to be rocking.

Edited by tarte

Jpoint's are all but gone on ACOG's in fact I believe the TA01's have/ are being replaced but I can't remember by which ACOG model.

New dot sight on them is the Trijicon RMR.

Older CQB´s only had the ironsight on the ACOG. RD comes later.

Mag-wise.

PMag´s seem to be more popular than EMAG´s.

Also, the regular steel mags still seem to be rocking.

Cheers for clearing that up Tarte ;)

L119A1is the UK designation for the Diemaco C8SFW both 16" and 10" variants. I didn't mean to confuse by interchange them. I was just pointing out that the 16" (generally seen in the hands of SFSG lads) don't tend to have the RD sights as they are not intended for engaging at shorter distances.

Mike knows more than most about the kit that is used, especially when it comes to recent developments, so I'd listen to him ;)

Ok thanks again, FWIW my SFW (L119A1/SFW/C8SFW/16") is now as follows,

XM-177/CAR-15 stock with strengthening ribs.

WT Butt Pad

WT Sling Plate

Begadi DIS

G&P Storm Grip

RIS Hand Guard (No Covers yet)

WT Reinforced Fore Sight w/o sling loop

Begadi Extension

Surefire 556 type flash hider

Metal (Stanag?) mag

I'm going to paint the sling plate and fore sight today, will post a pic later.

p.s. for whatever reason I can't see your pics :(

Ok, here's mine so far with paint to be done, RIS covers and sling attachment to be added and a sling to source, probably an SA80 sling.

DSC_1158_copy.jpg

Diemaco L119A1 16" Barrel, Built from a CYMA CQB CM002 Full Metal.

DSC_1159_copy.jpg

Surefire 556 Replica Flash Hider, Warlord Tactical Reinforced Fore Sight, Begadi L119A1 Barrel Extension on Stock Barrel

DSC_1161_copy.jpg

G&P Storm Grip (Lightly modified internally to fit), Unknown Brand CAR-15/XM-177 Stock, Warlord Tactical Butt Pad

DSC_1162_copy.jpg

Warlord Tactical Sling Plate (Very lightly Modified to fit)

DSC_1160_copy.jpg

Begadi DIS Sight/Carry Handle

Edited by Mehringer

If youre keen on going further, you should spray the DIS in a greyish tone.

The RS one is covered in a phosphate, similar to the frontsight and slingplate.

You can go beyond that, but its all covered in this thread.

Edited by tarte

Yeah it would be nice to have the receiver engraved at some point too.

Regarding  paint, should the entire gun be phosphate grey? if so what do you recommend? I was just going to spray the entire barrel/fore sight/flash hider with Wurth heat resistant paint as it has a nice satin finish, the sling plate to be painted with the same. I could spray the DIS as well but I suppose I could just as easily do the entire gun as the gearbox is coming out to downgrade and the inner CQB barrel needs swapped out for a longer one.

I really don't want to lose the marking on the RIS though and if I'm being honest as long as it looks about right it'd be fine as I'm not really trying to create an exact replica. I'll go through the thread again, last time I was more concerned about getting the barrel sorted and didn't pay much attention to paint. I don't want to go down the camo paint route as I'm a bit old school and an early L119A1 is about as cutting edge as I'd want to go at this stage ( I do have CS95 MTP trousers though, pretty avant garde don't you think LOL  :D )

Well done mate - it looks great. I'd definitely try and source a nice TA01 replica (no need for the wing mount/RD with the 16" barrel) to round it off. Otherwise I'd say you're pretty much there.

Hi Hicks, thanks for the comment, I under no illusion that it's a pretty basic build compared to what others have built but it's pretty much the look I was after. It's a bolt on job in the end and would have been a walk in the park if I'd gone for the Begadi barrel extension at the start.

Thanks to those who took the time to answer my questions, that made life easier.

I want to build a 10" now which will be more difficult, not least because both Taiwan Gun and Gunfire are out of stock of the Cyma CQB :(