The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Nice work Jebus - I don't spose you've considered doing the SUSAT red dot mount as used by SFSG?

If you have some reference pictures of it then PM them to me and I'll sort something out

Thanks a lot Nutster, had no idea they were commercially available :) I am assuming though they'll only fit the real thing sight wise, so I might collate some pics and take Jebus up on his kind offer and see how much that would cost.

Also a question, is the ACOG the highest magnification optic used on L119s? Just been looking at my SFW upper and wondering about a more recce setup.

Tape around the suppressor is kosher - helps keep the bit across the front in place. Same question was asked of mine when I posted a pic- was confirmed by someone who'd had hands on experience with RS. Think he was an armourer.

What bit part? The front is all welded on the RS...

SureFire_FA556-212_A.large.jpg

l1191.jpg

Snipertape only right on the front of the can, not all the way around the front part of the can.

Edited by tarte

you'll find alot with it around too, some put a strip further down too on the misconception that you won't burn your hand/arm/leg, and some completely taped ones as a few people got tetchy with spraying cans for a bit (not an issue any more though)

Doesnt make any sense after all ^^

Actually the centre of the suppressor heats up the most.

16380762783_5f72f9d160_b.jpg

My rejigged 16in upper, based off an interesting Diemaco setup I saw a pic of.

Got a third upper laying about too, anyone got steer on talk on modern L119s setups?  I'm not sure what way to take it.