The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

The middle ones L119a1 the man who used it has released plenty of other pics into the public domain and the bottom one is the LWRC psd for further information a simple check on Google of lwrc uksf brings up the specs from lwrc themselves.

Edited by Tom Burt

Well just saying the barrel looks like 10.5" as its visible between the can and the A frame.  All the other details aren't normally all seen on one gun but would be easily available, so its possible.

I had actually always assumed that was a Diemaco. But it does seem to be missing the extra slot at the back of the receiver rail, is that universal?

Guys.. the bottom one is an LWRC.. its been confirmed..

The middle is a L119A1.. their barrels arent DEAD ON 10 Inch.. It´s not 10,5 either.. a bit of the barrel sticks out and also, the Sup. Adapter creates some space.. The Collar of the Suppressor doesnt sit deadflush  on with the frontsight. There is some space between...

Doesn't look like it, the barrel looks like a 10.5" for a start. Then the sight, magwell grip, pistol grip, stock and sling plate. They are all possible on an SFW, but all of them, leaving no SFW Classic parts? Reckon it's an M4 myself

Mate, the blades have been pimping their SFW for a while now.. thats nothing new.. the diemaco slingplates are mostly being changed to blackhawk single points and magpul asaps..

Same with stocks, grips etc.. most run magpul bad levers aswell. There are vanilla SFW´s out there, of course.

It´s up the guys taste mainly.. and the guy running the pictured gat  ist a gearwhore..

This thread has like 100 pages... its been documented... loads of times..

Edited by tarte

Yeah I was simply saying thats the first one i've seen with non of the key L119 signatures, if an air softer built that n claimed it was a 119 there'd be a string of no it isn't's.

That's a fair point mate most people associate an L119a1 with an Acog and old colt stock with a storm grip where as the hogue pistol grip the magwell grip and folding vertical grip aren't often seen!

But the CompM4 + Magnifier, Magpul ASAP and RSA plates are an issue item and although I'm not sure about the ctr stock being issued but it's definitely common place.

Edited by Tom Burt

No thats just marketing.

Thanx BA,

still though I´ve some doubts that it´s just marketing. The info and pics on the site are just available since a couple of months, and "Upgrades" for other nations they mention there are now issued. As far as I know the MoD had announced a Mid Life Upgrade for the L119 a1 in 2013, estimated cost of £2.8 million. So this could match. Still though I would agree with you that this isn´t a final proof for a L119 a2 as long as one hasn´t seen any. However, some of the "Upgrades" mentioned there

seem to incorporate features and accessoires one can allready see on later L 119a1.

Spoke to a guy on the weekend that claimed that the A2s were being used while the 417s were having a problem with the bolt fixed. Apparently they are using the Norwegian's bolt systems now.

Well upgrading can be a crawling process.

Most of the upgrades shown on the depicted A2 version are already used on the A1. See the SF FH etc..

Usually new platforms are being trialed before they´re spread.

Havent heard of any major upgrades as just yet.

Why do you want one?  From what I've heard they are the first part to get binned/shelved in favour of optics.  If I were you I'd save up for a decent TA01 ACOG or EoTech 552 replica, or go for a more modern look and pick up an Aimpoint CompM4 and magnifier.

I love the DIS, they are cool, and archetypal Diemaco.  While I agree they were little used initially (there's only 2/3 pics I can think of), and probably never used now, they are great sights for airsoft, often I ditch my 'accurate' optics for a DIS when skirmishing. 

Re. the DIS, I've already got an ACOG, it's just that the DIS is even more of a way of differentiating an L119A1 from an M4, plus it fits quite well with the TFB era. I know most people ditch irons straight away for optics (and then add BUIS?), but at our typical engagement ranges, decent irons are as effective as a dot/holo sight most of the time, plus they don't go flat.... Also, I think a 10" 119 and a DIS looks pretty neat! (see Iceman's post of October 13th).

Why do you want one?  From what I've heard they are the first part to get binned/shelved in favour of optics.  If I were you I'd save up for a decent TA01 ACOG or EoTech 552 replica, or go for a more modern look and pick up an Aimpoint CompM4 and magnifier.

Cause everyone totally wants to be  Hip with the present kit...

Cause everyone totally wants to be  Hip with the present kit...

I wasn't baiting, promise ;)

Shots of my Tokyo Marui Recoil Diemaco.  The crane stock isn't archetypal but has been pictured, and the ACOG is an older style with the QD base of the newer issue one.  If anyone's interested I can run off a parts list.

16521350297_a2ee7188f5_c.jpg

16106308444_6d8a519529_c.jpg

16727393841_94de6af745_c.jpg

16702721856_f4a1d9c23e_c.jpg

16728636875_68873d703f_c.jpg

16702715606_22218ef208_c.jpg

Lovely, i just dont get the part with the multicam tape around the front end of the silencer.

Either do it all around it, as sort of heattape, or just a strip accross its muzzle to prevent getting dirt into it.

Around the front end doenst make too much sense and i´ve only seen it on AS-gats.

Nice work Jay, though as you have two switchable uppers I don't think you need do D.I.S. you should give one of them to me. :)

Also thanks Tarte and Al, much appreciated.

I kinda did the tape thing wince I saw others do it, so assumed it was a thing for keeping crap out the barrel.  If it screams airsoft I'll ditch it, I was only messing about with the tape to try and balance out the multicam elsewhere on the rifle.

I must also have maximum DIS :P  I have a third sat on my G&P too - I do love irons for airsofting :P