The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Theres a pic floating of one guy using one (Which is not to be posted on here) I wouldnt say it means theyre in widespread use though.

Items like red dot sights and CTR Stocks etc could easily be obtained in theatre so are fair game, plus there great bits of kit for airsoft.

I posted this in the wrong thread, should have out it in here:-

Trying to source a flash hider for a G&P barrel (clockwise). Would it be easier to have the barrel re-threaded (to counter clockwise, as I have a flashier for that). It's so I can put a can/suppressor on my L119 (work in progress), as I already have the can/suppressor and a flash hider (it's a counter clockwise flash hider).

Shame there's no one making them as an off the shelf rifle................... :P

Oh wait......  :ph34r:

Oh yes! Wonder where I saw one of them today...  :dunno:

My Tokyo Marui L119A1 Recoil - Heavily customised from a TM CQB-R. It has both 10in CQB and 16in SFW uppers, a custom engraved trademarked and cerakoted lower, RS Magpul ASAP, 2x RS Diemaco DIS and a whole load of other parts. I am very pleased with it and I only know of a couple of other similar examples. It has a a CTR stock if needed for super accurate photos, although I use the SOPMOD stock since it prefer them and there's evidence they've been used. L119A1 Recoil builds aren't easy, but I am delighted with how mine has turned out after a year or so collecting parts then building it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o68gi4]14497848609_00443592eb_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/onpEj1]14682111764_84afe5aea1_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/opnL6x]14704373993_65fd7ee051_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/onkqyk]14681285051_5f791bf75e_c.jpg

Me like! :)

I really think you should change the stock. But you`ve explained why you prefer it, so no problems

Where did you get the engravings done? Would love to do something similar with one of my builds.

Edited by arne71

I just can't be arsed with front wiring it, especially as I am generally a luddite and suspicious of lipos, and like the TM QD Batteries.  It seems ike a lot of hassle to get rid of a stock I like and which can just about be justified.  It does look sexy as hell with the CTR on though, granted...

The engravings were done by Airsoft Machine Shop.  I can thoroughly recommend the quality of the workmanship and the helpfulness there, although a proviso on that recommendation is that it took a long time.  After that it was cerakoted by another person to return it to a black finish.

My only issue with it is the suppressor won't fit onto the shortened barrel.  The threads of the suppressor must be a miniscule amount off, and the threads of the barrel must be a small amount off the other way, because after a few turns it locks fast and won't go on.  Bad luck I guess since both work with other 14mm stuff, but not together.

I've come across slightly off threads before, it'll be the pitch that's different I expect. You can use a cutting compound on the threads (WD40 or T cut work). Put some on the male thread, work the supp on a bit tighten, loosen off, tighten (repeat). The cutting compound will cut into the anodising and eventually you'll be able to get the supp on. You will need to clean off the cutting paste every now and then and reapply.

Ps it'll take bloody ages lol

Thanks Mike, I'm not sure I'll risk it getting stuck again though.  It got jammed on when I tried to attach it, and I wound up spending the best part of an hour stripping apart the gun, using a vice, screwdriver and hammer to get the suppressor off again, and then rebuilding it.  I was glad to just eventually get it off in the end, I was beginning to despair after not being to shift it initially, I had images of having to junk the whole barrel and suppressor, so I was relieved when it began to shift.

It's a weird one, I have tried a combination of different barrels, the suppressor and flash hiders and they all work together perfectly, except the two I need to.  It's the only issue I have with the whole build, so I can live with it.

It has a Comp M4 replica in the post too for when I don't use the DIS.  Are X300s still good to go?  I've seen mention of them on here and pictures on airsoft L119s, and I am thinking of one rather than a Scoutlight for this.

Fair one, alternative is to get a -14mm tap and try that.

X300 Ultras are good to go, pic of one on C8 with the SBS bloke with the dog.

Nice shooter! I like the fact you have both short and long uppers for your weapon. And some people in the squadrons have them butt stocks I think the make is "LMT" there a really good stock for the cheek weld compared to normal ones and ctr stocks.

Mike I've text you ref the lights ;)

Awesome thanks Mike - I've looked at that pic loads and always just scanned over that bit, I assumed it was unpainted rail where something was removed post paint job.  Now I look properly I see what it is.

Thanks Infidel - I believe the crane stock is technically an LMT Sopmod nowadays.  I really rate them, I love the cheek weld, look and airsoft wise easy of battery storage - I have one on all my AR based guns. 

Jay8, absolutely loving that builds. I like that its still pristine and unsprayed, I also like that you've velcroed the tailswitch onto the rail cover, nice little touch. The engravings look really crisp.

anyone know where to get a trademarked body for an AEG? 

and is the only way most are making the barrel length correct to cut it or are there available outers for sale the correct measurements?

the pics on here are amazing. and i'm now fully jealous.