The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Ah the joys of researching.

I do have to say though, this forum has been 100% what I needed it to be.

First, I would like to list my findings (so as to be double checked) and then a few questions.

For 10" CQB (non-suppressed)

-Obviously M4 base gun

-KAC 7" rail

-Bird cage/SF556 flash hider with suppressor

-Storm Grip

-Rail covers

The questionables:

-Are Crane stocks not okay?  This has been discussed multiple times but always with an unclear ruling

-Would the PEQ-2 or AN/PEQ-15 be more era correct for early 2000?

-Would the TA01 4x, TA01 1x be better for a CQB type game? (Not ruling out a DIS, just wondering)

-Would said TA01 be correct?

-Would Scout lights be era correct for early 2000?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

And I have read and re-read through this very thread.

I am asking these questions as

a) Specific eras weren't mentioned

B) People said Crane was kosher, however when someone posted one with it was told he should get a new stock

I am guessing that there is no true 1x ACOG, so I take it the 4x would be much more correct.

Thank you for any details you can give!

Depends on how early in '00s you're looking mate.  The pictures from Afgan in '01 were all 16" and the only furniture was either the DIS or Acog, sometimes with the UGL.

AN/PEQ-2, Acog with dr sight, scout light and foregrip are good to go for the 10" from about '03 onwards.

PEQ-15s started popping up mid '00s, but crane stocks have only really been seen in the last couple of years as far as I know, so you'd certainly be better sourcing the old-school stock for a recognisable impression.

Rob

Sweet, thanks for the help One Down!

The great thing is that the CAR-15 stocks come on G&G Combat Machines (extremely popular here) but kids like Magpul furniture more, so there is bound to be one picked up for a cheap price tag.

I'm thinking PEQ-2, DIS, and scout light will be my set up, with a 4x ACOG in my bag for more woodland games.

Thanks for helping me out on this!

Ah the joys of researching.

I do have to say though, this forum has been 100% what I needed it to be.

First, I would like to list my findings (so as to be double checked) and then a few questions.

For 10" CQB (non-suppressed)

-Obviously M4 base gun

-KAC 7" rail

-Bird cage/SF556 flash hider with suppressor

-Storm Grip

-Rail covers

The questionables:

-Are Crane stocks not okay?  This has been discussed multiple times but always with an unclear ruling

-Would the PEQ-2 or AN/PEQ-15 be more era correct for early 2000?

-Would the TA01 4x, TA01 1x be better for a CQB type game? (Not ruling out a DIS, just wondering)

-Would said TA01 be correct?

-Would Scout lights be era correct for early 2000?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Although some of these have already been answered.

There maybe a few crane stocks out there but if you're going for instant recognition avoid them.

PEQ-2's for that era would be better and are still about today.

For early 00's Get the 4x acog and either use the irons on top of it or a DIS, there the off pic of 552's being used back then but the dates arent solid enough. Probably more 05

TA01 ACOG is the one, the others werent seen until later when the Regular Army started getting them.

For early 00's get a G2 and a scope ring. The famour pic of the guys captured in Iraq this is what they were using on 10" SFW's.

Ref pics.

Its hard to see but this is the type of kit they guys were suing in the early 00's (Iraq).

uksf-basra.jpg

uksf4ly8.jpg

uksf3ry8.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find my higher res image of the G2.

basra-kit.jpg

Obviously you've got your bloody hero pics too.

Edit:

Remember that the Osprey wasn't issued to our troops untl 2006,

meaning this:

03_zpsb39f306b.jpg

Shows that in 2006 our SF still wasn't wearing multicam so if you're going for an early 00's avoid MC like the plague.

Which we know started getting issued towards the end...

Are there any trademarked AEG bodies (that would fit a G&P gearbox) sold by any retailers?

If not, are there any blank bodies that an engraver could possibly engrave trademarks onto?

I have looked on many US/Chinese retailer sites and none have it, was wondering if maybe a British shop may have one that my google isn't showing,

G&P do a C8 body with the Diemaco "D". I don't think anyone has made an AEG "L119A1" body in a while.

Ebairsoft.com do a DBOYS blank receiver which will probably fit a G&P gearbox.

Hey guys,

Just thought id ask this here as I'm a bit of a noob so don't take it out on me if I have got it wrong ;) basically I have my cqb setup but the barrel is a 10.5" is there any service or way that I could shorten it to 10" I'm not too fussed but id like it to look good, plus I don't want to do it myself because I know ill bugger it up somehow... any advice or general comments on the pics would be great....I

know wrong pistol grip and there's no trigger guard...am working on that now.

post-6994-0-17159300-1391432959_thumb.jpgpost-6994-0-77835500-1391433054_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

-TCC-

I wish I could help but I'm unable to get any trimming and rethreading done anymore (My friend that did it for me has moved jobs and his new place won't allow private work :( ).

If you do then that would be soooooooo helpful or if anyone knows a place i can get it done, as i would like to get it as close to RS as I can

just to add, that's a Begadi DIS, I saw the reviews earlier in the thread and they're pretty accurate and for me they really help finish off a particular loadout i'm doing.

Question, everybody keeps telling me that the L119A1 doesn't come with a backup iron sight, but what happens if your optics goes down and you can't get it working again?

Im currently in the process of building a GBBR L119a1 on a WE M4 base. I may or may not keep it, it will all depend on how i leave my current job, if its by redundancy i will keep the gun, however if I leave by resigning im going to have to sell it. What i would like to know, what would be the most sellable gun, a 10in barrel or a 16" barrel? Im happy playing with both barrel lengths.

For a start, getting hold of a 16" barrel isn't easy.  KWA do one but you're almost certainly going to need to import it.  Most 16" builds are based around a 10.5" or 10" barrel with an extension.  I'd suggest you focus your energy on building an accurate 10" build and if you get to that stage and want to try the 16" version, then it's just a case of picking up a barrel extension and a second inner barrel, along with the optional (but recommended) reinforced front sight. 

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the 10" versions are more common these days and, thus, more saleable?  There is a certain something about the 16" barrel though...

Edited by Hicks