The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

There's pictures with the new Surefire type too (the one with the 4 prongs, I think that's the newest?).  The pics are SFSG/BRF.

Both sights are gtg. But the reinforced sight is one of the nice small features that will set the rifle apart from a standard M4.

On my rifles I try to stick to as many of them as possible. Sure, you can stray away from one or two of them. But at some point the gun will be more like a M4, and not

a Diemaco.  With the introduction of the rear sling mount and the front sight from  Warlord Tactical. And along with the Begadi dis/carry handle, most needs are served.

Carry handle: Begadi

Heavy barrel: perr_mike, Begadi, Warlord Tactical, Pro-Arms

Front sight:    Warlord Tactical, Army Code (Get yourself a ticket in the National Lottery if you get hold of this one)

Sling mount:  Warlord Tactical

Pistol grip:     G&P and Guarder

Stock:           G&P, Guarder, Classic Army, Tokyo Marui……..  Get the Guarder butt pad too.

Receiver:     Dragon Red (Get yourself another ticket in the National Lottery)

Acog wing mount: Britkit USA

Have I forgotten anything?

Edited by arne71

You are right Mutronics. The more recently acquired Diemacos will have those features.

I just prefer my Diemaco builds to have the features that sets it apart from a bog standard M4.

Making it that little bit more "unique".

Edited by arne71

From what i hear UKSF were looking to upgrade their armoury to something in 7.62. Certainly when i was in NI their preferred weapon was the G3A4K, even though the Diemaco was available then.

Lots of speculation here, isn´t it ? ;)

The 7.62 vs 5.56 discussion is existing since ages. It was brought up again due to that daily mail article   (i guess) some time ago, saying SAS would like to get 7.62 rifles instead of 5.56 as the later would lack the stopping power and range - compared to the AK47 on the oponents side.

Don´t know if this "request" it´s true - I´ve my doubts.

This is because we all know that both calibers have their advantages and disadvantages that are highly dependable on the the mission or environment you are fighting in.

As a matter of fact UK special forces were amongst the first using the 5.56 caliber in NATO. They wanted it for good reasons - and the AK was always the weapon of choice on the other side. ;)

However, when required in the past (like NI) they had the opportunity to use 7.62 rifles like the L1A1, HK G3 or FAL Para etc. And if current information proves to be correct, their seems to be quite an amount of HK 417 assault rifles (7.62) already in service, fulfilling the need of a lager standard caliber when required. I could indeed understand a possible need for more 417 for the Stan theatre.

Afaik it seems "they" are also trialing the 300 blackout round, which could be the perfect compromise being a relatively light round with excellent stopping power. Using 300 Blackout  would also just require minor (and reversible) modifications to existing 5.56 weapon systems like the L119A1 or even other possible future AR based systems. 

Edited by Hornblower

I completly agree on the speculation issue. The old cold war doctrine of just wounding the enemy is redundant in current theatres, hence the need for a "man stopper", that said we are moving back into contigency ops and need a round that ticks all the boxes, currently the 5.56 is doing the job , so until the US changes calibres the 5.56 is here to stay. Nice to see that UKSF have finally adopted the 7.62 Minimi tho, the 5.56 version is a bit on the weak side.

Just looked up the specs for the 300 black out, looks very effective, just a barrel change to do as well! Ideally it would be nice if Diemaco produced the next model with a quick change barrel like the ACR, could solve a lot of problems and be a real money saver in the future!