The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Whistler from Warlord Tactical is in China at the moment & he's got someone called Avril ;) dealing with his mail. He did say on facebook that he has done the sling swivel & he will post the news soon.

Thanks RT for the update on the sling swivel. I'd guess he will hopefully be cheaper than the Italian ones kicking about at present.

I suppose the only thing is that the DIS is hardly used now in favour of optics....other than jungle and for certain roles.

I think the only thing that made the dis look quality on the airsoft c8's was the fact they were genuine...if i had £40 to spend on a nice eotech copy or aimpoint copy or a replica dis I would pick the optics every time!

But thats just my opinion i suppose!!

But Irons don't fog in shitty weather ;) Would like a DIS for my woodland/jungle loadout for this reason.

Anyone planning on doing a bulk buy before i order a single one?

I'm tempted to get the repro DIS, just to enable me to dumb down the look of my DTW when using it as an OPFOR weapon, as I don't run an AK. I never considered it before as I prefer Optics and the £100 tag people were putting on real ones, is frankly taking the piss...

the £100 tag people were putting on real ones, is frankly taking the piss...

QFT.  The very reason I've ordered a Begadi one.  I've always preferred iron sights over optics on non sniper weapons myself.

I always use the DIS, I much prefer irons over optics for useability, and the DIS just looks great when combined with a Storm grip - all curvy and sexy.  I actually have two for my current L119 since it has 2 uppers, and another in the bits box for my WIP L119 build.  I didn't pay £100 for all mine, was about that for one, then £65 for the other two.  Close enough to the replica cost that I am comfortable with it - I wasted more money on my ACOG really, since I never use it.

Even though I have a genuine DIS already, I am tempted to get one of these Begadi repro ones as well. I usually run my short versions with DIS as I prefer the look and utilitarian approach they bring. On the other hand I prefer optics on the long versions generally as a rule.

Warlord Tactical have the sling swivels up on Facebook for AEG and GBB now. Looks like the circular raised area at the bottom of the sling swivel is missing on this one though, at least from what I can see from the pictures.

I`ve ordered two. Shipping/handeling fees for sending to Norway was 19 usd.

That shipping rate seems expensive to me for what should be a fairly small and light package, I hope that's not typical for a UK order.

My Begadi DIS just arrived.  Got to say how impressed I am with their service.  First impressions are, it's very light and fits very well. As a replica, I have no problem with painting it to match my L119.  The finish is good and I'd say it's a good buy for those not willing to pay stupid real steel prices.

OK, I think my take on an L119A1 is ready to be unveiled....

I realise the optic is wrong, but it's Aimpoint-ish, and it co-witnesses with the irons, which makes my OCD happy...!

Feedback and comments?

post-1084-0-64205700-1373128955_thumb.jpg

post-1084-0-95043000-1373129018_thumb.jpg

I've got both the Begadi repro DIS and the real steel one, and to be honest the Begadi does the job just as well if not better than the real steel for considerably less money. Apart from the omission of the Diemaco logo on the back section there's very little to differentiate between the two. 

My latest builds:

L119A1DTWcopy_zpsd45e4aee.jpg

C8CQBTW2_zpse3bb9b61.jpg

C8CQBTW_zps0edcca30.jpg

All based on a DTW platform.  I had the trades done by Airsoft engraver, which look great, even if it did take 5 weeks to get done...