The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

The guarder grips are a tight fit for most motors I've tried (inc TM eg1000's)to the extent they need a little work to give the motor the freedom of movement it needs.

Most standard baseplates fit (I use vented with mine ).

Dear UKSF brethren:

I really need some assistance.

As some might not have been able to escape ( :P), I'm trying to find a RAS which fits my rifle.

I need to know from those of you who have pro-arms L119A1 barrels on your guns, which RAS systems are you using? I have explored a few options:

G&P: this should not fit -- In this thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/200354-gp-ras-questions/, I have confirmed that an outer barrel which takes a G&P RAS does not conform with the pro-arms.

Classic Army: I ordered one, and it should work length-wise, but the fit and finish is terrible.

HurricanE: This did not fit, as discussed early in this thread.

Now: what do you guys use? I'm looking for a nice quality, solid 7'' KAC-style RAS which fits the pro-arms barrel. I'm desperate. Help?

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is, I need a 10'' barrel. And if that Dboys RAS has the same dimensions as the G&P it won't fit, as I said in the previous post.

Does anyone know if TM would fit?

If the real ones have G&P dimensions, they won't fit either... seriously, this sucks. Why is the pro-arms barrel so out of spec?

Are there any 10'' G&P barrels? I know there's one without pin grooves for the sight, but I'd like those.

I think you're just doing something wrong to be honest.

I used a G&P RAS (came from a stock G&P CQBR AEG) with a Pro Arms barrel with no problem.

When I had a 10" version I used the same RAS with a Guarder adjustable M4 Barrel (as seen here http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GD-ACC-SMG-B&search=searchItem&rs=guarder barrel&catid=&cat= ).

As you can see in the pictures, the barrel length is adjustable to accomadate for different brands and like the Pro Arms it's a 10" barrel with the relevant extension.

If you still can't get it working with those parts then you should give up trying to build one ;)

I too have a G&P RIS on a pro arms barrel, its the early type though not the newer heavier barrel.....I'd get some pics up but it is being rear wired at the moment.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

Haha, I wish I was doing something wrong...

Check this out:

1zockqw.jpg

That's with a Hurricane RAS. The gap is too large to shim.

Comparison between my G&P barrel (top) and pro-arms:

23kw2mq.jpg

That's with the barrel flanges exactly lined up.

Now, my question is this. How is it that a G&P RAS can fit both of those barrels? Because, surely, the G&P RAS you mention should fit a barrel of the same make?

I'm a self-confessed AEG noob, and really confused here.

I really don't see how I can be putting it together wrong. it's just a matter of sitting outer barrel in receiver, tightening delta ring/barrel nut over it, and then fitting the RAS into the delta ring -- at no stage in that process can I make it shorter or longer.

Mike: yeah, I don't think I'd work any other way.

Maybe I have a barrel that's out of spec with the rest of the pro-arms ones?

Does anyone fancy measuring this distance on theirs?

118m0rs.jpg

It's very close to 18 cm on mine.

In that comparison pic there is something that doesn't look right on the top (G&P barrel), there should be a "ridge" just behind the rear front sight post slot for the handguard end cap to sit on.

I've never seen a M4/Armalite AEG barrel like that one in the picture, have you tried loosening that allen screw and seeing if the barrel length is adjustable?

Afraid I can't help with measurements as I've sold all my L119 parts. I can guarantee you that the parts I listed did work though.

Here is the Pro Arms Barrel with G&P Delta Ring, RAS, End Cap, Front Sight Post

DSC01411ab-1.jpg

Here is the Guarder adjustable barrel with G&P Delta Ring, RAS, End Cap, Front Sight Post

DSC00788.jpg

Worst case scenario you could try using the Guarder Barrel with a Pro Arms or Perr Mike Extension, there should be no reason why the RAS wouldn't fit due to the adjustable barrel length

Thanks again.

And well spotted, it does seem like the barrel length is adjustable. I've loosened the grub screw, but can't get it to budge. If I look inside the barrel, I can see a partition, so it is adjustable. However, that doesn't really help my situation.

I'm not questioning that your parts fit mate (those builds look very nice by the way). If you look here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/200354-gp-ras-questions/

A guy measured an outer barrel on which the G&P RAS fits and that measurement is quite different to mine, above.

G&P's Mk18 Mod 0 barrel is 10.5'', I'm afraid, and from what I can learn from google so is the element one you linked. Searching for element 9.5'' barrels yields nothing.

Alright, thanks. Then it seems I have a few barrel options.

What I think I'll do is order the G&P RAS. Hopefully it'll fit, and if not, I'll just have to get one of the barrels suggested.

I'd still be very grateful if someone could measure their pro-arms barrel though.