The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

I am considering rear wiring my G&P for lipos in the tube, how is this done? I have managed to get the wires to the rear but unsure how i get them to feed through into the tube due to the low amount of space in there!

Any suggestions or tips?

I've seen some put sniper tape around their suppressors (note: I'm not talking about a strip over the muzzle to prevent crap in the barrel). What is the reason for this?

Could be the same as when sniper use mirage bands or cover around their suppressors?

To prevent the rising heat to distort the view lookin through the acog?

Frosty - get hold on a g&p rear wiring switch assembly is best since its a G&P I has a M120 motor so the switch will have the right motor connectors the battery connector should be able to run from the lower receiver just below the point you should screw the stock retaining screw into, then into the stock you will need a hole in the retaining piece to allow the wires underneath also wiring deans connectors will help spacing issues to

Real shame about the old thread but already alot of good pieces here so far!...will add my own WE based as soon as it's worthy of this thread, still needs a few bits and can't decide on wheter to throw an ACOG on there or a spectre...not sure if it's possible to get iron sights on a spectre.

Also, got a few questions:

Thinking about having the lower reciever sent off to get the diemaco logo, numbers etc. edged on it but not sure if this would border on any form of copyright infringement or some such, anyone know anything about this?

Also, I've really come to love the "look" of armoury numbers on the stocks (at least I think that's what it is) but not sure if I could just put on any old three digit number or if (most likely) a system in it.

Also, bit off topic, but what other pieces of gear would get a number like that? I believe I've seen it on the radios at some point but not sure.

Well it's not so much how to get it done, more the legal side of it, copyright and all that.

I've seen some companies sell Diemaco recievers but I would think they have payed for the right to do it.

Not the case mate, some are licenced others not....In china they ain't bothered!

As for the legality i wouldn't worry about it, its not like you are making up hundreds to sell on is it?

The armoury numbers on british kit is just to help recognise each rifle, for example if private bloggs has spent all afternoon at the range zeroing number 123 he'll want that back next time to save having to go through it again...

Usually only the rifle and optics are numbered, this just helps if you need to repair one or the other....

Hehe nothing like that, just one for myself.

Ah okay, so just any three digit number would more or less do? I know it's a minor detail but somehow I just feel like it makes it seem more "real".

The pens are apparently called Uni Posca (I have a 'bullet tip/medium line', in orange of course), they're cheap on the bay.

Unless I am mistaken the desert camp and green camp ones are one and the same gun.

yeh they are the same gun, i cant take the credit for the desert paint job though.

the only reason i painted it green were to be a bit different, painted in the summer not had a chance to use it yet, working in germany sucks sometimes

^ Actually, according to the one picture I've seen, that isn't the system.

l1191.jpg

l1193.jpg

From this it seems to be the last three digits on the stock, and the first three non-zero ones on the upper, although I dunno why they'd do that.