The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

As far as I know Dragonred don't do those receivers anymore, at least they're not on their site anymore? The G&P Receivers are a nice quality with decent engraved trades.

OK, cheers thanks for that. I managed to mod a Guarder Stowaway to sit nicely on an ICS platform, but the ICS motor plate, surprise, surprise, didn't fit. I had heard that the Guarder took standard plates, unlike the G&P Storm, but had none in the parts box to try out. So TM or compatible should be good to go then.

Wrong front sight/gas block as well - the one in your photo is the strengthened one designed to go with the HK 40mm launcher, from the 16.5 inch barrel... Who knows though, anything could be fitted, whatever is lying around when putting these CQB gats together, just because we haven't seen a picture of it doesn't mean it’s not out there.

Pedant hat off, that's a damn fine looking effort, I have that kind of paint job on mine, achieved by spraying, getting bored of the colour, then nicking the mrs’s nail polish remover and taking most of the paint off with a rag. What trades do you have on it? I'm still arsing around trying to get trades etched onto my black lower, has anybody ever got any further with that?

Get a £30 copy SF scount on it, you know you want to.

Quick ris/ras question gents,mine seems to be 1-15 the ones i've seen in most pics start at 28 does that mean mine is inaccurate?doesn't matter to me that much just wondering really.

Well mine (ICS Ris unit) is the 1-15 variety, i.e. T 1-15, R 1-15 etc etc. I don't know if they are supposed to be different to this in real life, but easily covered up by some rail covers. Someone on here might know the definitive answer, but as you say I wouldn't worry about a tiny detail like that to be honest.

Need some help regarding colour here.

I'm about to have my L119 repainted and thought "well, it's just black" but then I recieved a real steel KAC RAS and it's not exactly black, almost more like a really really dark grey.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the accurate colour for an L119 would be?...I'm getting a custom barrel made, trademarks and RS parts, might as well get the colour right to.

Mind you, I'm not gonna "camo paint" it or anything, just keep it in the standard "factory" colour.

abbadon: Thanks, make's sense when looking at the KAC RAS I got.

I know different parts proberbly are different nuances of grey but reckon the very dark grey will work.

These come in at $17 each posted from airsofthelper, whereas Airsoftpark charge $16 posted. Unless you have ordered these in industrial quantities I can't see how this is going to work out that much better. Still good spot anyway, and would probably be good for someone looking 2 or more. I only needed one, so quite happy with the way I went, plus had some ASP points which took another couple of dollars off the cost.

Where can I get a sfh556 flash hider CW thread (PTW) in the uk? Failing that, where can I get them from HK, cheap?

I bought one from airsoft helper, they are alright from a distance but be aware: The quality is dire! The four prongs at the end look like they've been cut with a spoon and it doesn't take much to bend them... then there's the rust! A slightly moist day will have it looking more orange than Ron Weasley's head.

Mine may have been from a duff batch but I just wanted to let you lads know.