The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Just sprayed up my C8 and started weathering it back for that 'leet' look! Has come on quite a bit since I last posted!

P1010034.jpg

Outer Barrel and Foresight are away being trimmed down hence why its in peices! Just need a Doctor sight and a descent PEQ15 and it'll be done!

Very nice shooters :) Loving the ACOG/DOCTER/KILLFLASH combo rasta

If I can be arsed I'll get some pictures of mine up in its current state.........

This SFW-related but not sure if this is the right place... Anyhoo, does anyone know if a Systema hop-up unit will fit a Marui 10" outer barrel?

Cheers

can anyone tell me what trades are supposed to be on the right hand side of the lower receiver or a picture would be great as im trying to get mine machined at work but have only ever seen one side of the receiver.

this is what i have so far, the logos a bit of a pain in the ass because the software doesn't like the intersecting point in the middle.

firstrender.jpg

Yeah I got that, I just got to fiddle it a bit becaus the cad program doesnt want to cut into the body with that shape because it intersects itself in the centre, I just dont know what's on the other side.

Hello gents I'm brand new to this thread and just started my l119a1 build,so here goes, just got hold of a storm grip at last thanks to fibua and hit a snag it's not sitting on the lower receiver properly i was wondering if anyone has fixed this problem and weather fitting a G&P receiver wouldf fix this problem.Hope i've posted in the right bit.

post-2552-0-67764400-1347538294_thumb.jpgpost-2552-0-75341300-1347538335_thumb.jpg

What kind of receiver are you using? I know that trying to use a Storm grip with an ICS requires a bit of modding, but always thought it was compatible with "normal" version 2 gearboxes. I would have thought a G&P receiver and gearbox would fit perfectly, but surely there's a way to avoid going that far?

Cheers gents, its a a&k receiver/Base gun. Could really do with using it till i get some more parts so may mod the actual receiver rather than the grip just wondering which bits to remove and if anyones had to do it before.

It looks like the front top section of the grip can't fully engage up into the receiver area, causing the gap you have. If you mod the receiver your going to be stuck with 1 grip only fitting properly on the gun, i.e. the Storm one. I have modded one of these for an ICS (not entirely happy with the results) and it should be a lot easier with a standard type receiver such as yours. Assuming you have the grip screws fully tightened up, I'd look at removing a bit around the front "corners" of the grip and see if this allows the grip to engage better in the receiver. You need to take it slow and check and re check on the fit, but it should eventually come together. I also discovered on mine that sometimes the motor would get out of alignment if the grip screws were not tightened just so, so watch out for that too.

Cheers D.r. I've removed the grip and and can see some marks on the front top section of the grip on the inner corners caused by pressure as you said. gonna borrow my mates dremmel and get started removing these bits should still allow me to use the grip on other receivers too( i hope) i,ll let you know my progress.

I'd be careful using a dremel. Fantastic tool but you can take too much off if your not careful. I used a small file on mine - a bit slower but maybe safer!

Taken as much as i dare off, screwed grip back on,and it's still not sitting flush, measured the pistol grip slot on the a&k body and it's nearly 2 mill higher and so is the standard grip! WTF!! oh well always wanted a propper diemaco receiver, guess i'll have to wait a couple of weeks to fit my parts.Just gotta say if your on a budget(and don't want to fit a storm grip) these colt licensed m4's are really solid bits of kit with a nice solid ris.Cheers for the advice gents will post some pics when i get the build on the go again.

This happened to me, it was the grip not the receiver. Which grip are you using? I can't remember whether it was the G&P one or another make that I had problems with. Binned the problem one and fitted the other one with no problems.

The ones that fit say, "LONE STAR" on them. But I cannot remember if they are G&P or the other make.

Yeah mines the G&P jobbie i've heard the guarder ones can be a bit iffy on some receivers and fit lovely on others, but pretty sure it's my receiver thats cack as i've checked it with a old marui m4 grip and that didn't sit well either should of done that first really :rolleyes: all trial and error with these things normally lots of error with me.Just a quick one can anyone confirm dragon red is the only retailer to do a propper l119a1 marked receiver cos there gonna be out of stock for ages.... do you think i should wait or just go for the G&P c8, seen a fair bit of G&P stuff, all of it looks quality haven't seen a dragon red close up so can't really compare.