The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

My new pro arms barrel arrived this morning, annoyingly though I forgot it was a CCW barrel thread so I don't have a flash-hider at the moment

Mine.Need to sort out the front sight and trades (covered up by Green Tape) but I'm pretty much finished. Idea was a lightweight recce rifle, saw some pictures of SBS in the jungle which I've got my inspiration from. Have also got some slim grips should I want to go even more lightweight and simple :)

P1020524.jpg

Pro arms barrel arrived today very happy with it so took a bit of time to fit it was a bit tedious with the barrel spacer but all done and I'm well happy. Dug out my madbull sf556 suppressor and flash hider and modded the FH to fit properly ( hack saw and a bit of filing) well I can now happily say I have a 100% complete CQB to go with my complete SFW :)

Here's some pics

b93dec94.jpg

2defc727.jpg

0b691f2c.jpg

ba86119c.jpg

e33d9389.jpg

73568d5b.jpg

Built this for a mate. Shame about the trades but its a TM recoil so there's not a lot you can do.

ooooooooh.jpg

Love it sandbag! Are you going to add rail covers because I think that would set it off a treat!

Yeh it normally has rail covers and a sure fire scout, sometimes a gripod or tango down grip but i took them off to work on it and I left them off to show the barrel off a bit :)

Cheers for the comments

Looks ace Sandbag! :) I'm just waiting for my new flash hider to turn up and for my gat to come back from a bit of maintenance/rewiring then it shall be complete!

Pretty much done :) Very easy conversion.....would have been easier if i had started with an AG36 rather than the SA80 UGL, just meant I had to cut one more piece off.....

Can put up a guide how to convert your launcher as well if you want it, but all i needed to do was to drill 3 holes and chop off a bit at the front!

IMG-20120802-00084.jpg

IMG-20120802-00085.jpg

UGL sight in different place to mine, much further forward?

Which one is correct?

(mine on page 52)

All the ones I've seen are in my postion (roughly). Based it on these pics. I've got a good old stash of photos of UKSF in Afghan in 2001, the impression I'm going for

;) And Louie, thats the only pic i've seen of the grenade sight sitting towards the rear, only ever seen it towards the front....

Each to their own eh andy

;)

post-572-0-71843900-1343945732_thumb.jpg

post-572-0-01120000-1343945735_thumb.jpg

post-572-0-58274200-1343945737_thumb.jpg

post-572-0-67131800-1343945796_thumb.jpg

How did firing the mortar rounds go?

Test went very well, only some scorched eyelashes!! Good distance

Big test this weekend as will be using it to blow away the nasties! :lol:

Thanks Big-Dog good reference pics. If I was honest I prefer the look of it further back, don't like sticky outy thingys ^_^

So do I, but I'm a but I'd know its something that would annoy me! I'm bringing my down this weekend to the pit too so I guess you'll see it there ;)

Bored, been talking to some people and well, this is what I came up with based on what they used. F**k knows why I put a "armoury number" on it, it was late, I'd drank a bit too much, and thought OMG THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA.

Anyway, I like it now. Which is a first in a while. Though, I'm sure I'll change something again...

c8.jpg

Looks cool. You werent drunk enough to write PE NIS on it or something..

Could be a brilliant idea.. (under certain shady circumstances??)