The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

My CA wobbles too, its due to you not being able to fully tighten it and have the gas rod in place as well, its about10-15mm out of place IIRC.

Both my G&P RIS are rock solid though.

My CA one is too, at least the upper bit is. There's some play between the 2 parts though.

If you can't get the gas tube in the right place you need some shims behind the delta ring so that the 'indents' sit in the right place for the gas tube to align correctly. Making sure the front end cap is secure against the gas block can help too; some have a screw tht goes through the cap into the gas block, it may be worth a few minutes work with a 2mm drill and a small self tapping screw...

For the CA RIS units the best way to solve or at least alleviate the wobble is to shorten the screw, that way it wont be stopped by the gas tube, and you can get it nice and tight. Locktite will stop it from loosening, but I just co witness the screw and check that it is tightened, as you should with all major screw components.

Small update to my 16"

I will be firing the TLSFX mortar rounds from this...... Will let you know how that goes :huh:

556454_10150939173236818_1902570836_n.jpg

(thanks Matt :D )

Small update to my 16"

I will be firing the TLSFX mortar rounds from this...... Will let you know how that goes :huh:

We test fired those out of a Metal tube at one of our Club training weekend. Completely bent it out of shape.

Might want to hold fire and test it on something else first. :o

Yes, the inside has groves that I have smoothed out using milliput. Also have a dummy round in it to act as an air-seal. I believe this will fix the issues Matt had when we tried this before and it went off inside the tube (and burnt most of the hair on his face clean off)

Don't worry Lew, despite it being monkey metal it seemed to be fine when we did it before. If it breaks I will simply get a purpose built tube for launching the buggers.

Don't worry Lew, despite it being monkey metal it seemed to be fine when we did it before. If it breaks I will simply get a purpose built tube for launching the buggers.

Then Blast away! :D

So does the modded launcher+carryhandle-lower attach to the rails? I thought the UGL attached to the barrel and they leave out the lower portion of the rail?

There are relatively few pics online of the launcher that show the attachment in any clear form. The best I saw made it look like a throw lever clamp was used to attach to the ris. I suppose that in the absence of either a machine shop or a genuine one to copy the majority of the conversions follow the same route (give or take) as mine (now Louie's) and have some sort of ris clamp modification. Having never seen another conversion in actual real life, I'm happy that mine is good enough. The main thing being that it has survived being skirmished as well as cocking about/adding atmosphere to scenarios with TLSFX mortars.

As for launching TLSFX mortars (sorry for the off topic diversion mods), the tube inner diameter is stepped so the first 4 inches or so is fine but if you stick the 'mortar' further in it gets wedged. Then the blast shoots down the UGL and out of the gap at the base, where it side loads. This blast then singes most of your ginger pube like beard off, as well as scorching your glove and the side of your gat.... Solution is a training round which is a tight fit into the UGL, totally inert and seals the gap. Oh, and selling it to some other ginger bearded fool....