The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Dunno exactly mate, but presume it's steel. I've used a metal grinding wheel to cut it.

Did you have to cut any extra thread or did you just cut it off shorter?

how much of it did you cut off in mm if you can remeber?

By looking at mine its dictated for you buy the grub screw location which is a couple of mm away from where the thread starts, annoying as if the grub screw was actually in the thread you could get it flush.

As Ak said, a couple mm. before the thread is the max point I've dared to cut. I was scared to ruin the thread and didn't wanna bin the whole thing...

post-1188-0-92115100-1331510237_thumb.jpg

post-1188-0-41201200-1331510240_thumb.jpg

post-1188-0-19440600-1331510242_thumb.jpg

Pair of C8's.

Apologies for pic quality.

Top rifle (A friends) TM Sopmod base

Bottom rifle (Mine) Unknown base, think it's a collection of G&P and Upgrade parts

Both sporting EBB Elcan Spectres and Docters.

Both have brand new paint jobs, just waiting for the green top layer to wear away to show the pattern beneath.

A little update on my L119, hope you don't mind I post it again.

013.jpg

WE CO2 M4 based, works like a charm and great fun to play with.

Element M600C Scoutlight

Eotech 516 and 3x Magnifier (I know the 552 is proberbly more common but I prefere the 516 with the buttons on the side).

Still trying to figure out how to do the reinforced frontsight as I've more or less given up on finding one for sale.

Cheers, lots of time put into that, only thing that would make me happy now is if I got myself a real Acog...

Murta: well, the elastic bands on the grips are inspired by Danish M/96's but other than that it's L119 based.

Murta: Well, L119 have been seen with eotechs and asked in this thread if a magnifier would be completely wrong for such a build and got a "good to go" ^^

But I see what you mean, it was seeing that combo in a documentary about JGK that I fell in love with it.

Personally I don't like them. Quite heavy for the same system you can have on an ACOG and rds. Plus I shoot left handed about 30% of the time and so they get in the way.

Well, a real acog costs more than that combo...least the places I've found so that's another reason...it's also a matter of the looks for me, that counts alot ^^

He has a point right now that's just an M4 with heavy barrel but it is a good start.

Tape the sling loop to the barrel and in the process tape up the front sight block.

Change the stock to either old school M4/M733 or A magpul CTR* stock.

Then a stowaway grip and your laughing.

On the trades front there were rumours flying around that CA gearboxes didnt fit the L119 receivers so I just gave mine a good paint job and you cant see it now anyway.

Unless you are really anal about having trades (like me!) its not a massive issue as AK said.....

Grab yourself a butt pad and a DIS and you are winning!

He has a point right now that's just an M4 with heavy barrel but it is a good start.

Tape the sling loop to the barrel and in the process tape up the front sight block.

Change the stock to either old school M4/M733 or A magpul CTR* stock.

Then a stowaway grip and your laughing.

On the trades front there were rumours flying around that CA gearboxes didnt fit the L119 receivers so I just gave mine a good paint job and you cant see it now anyway.

hey AK ive got a CA sportline gearbox in my G&P C8 body, only problem is that the dust cover won't close. Otherwise it works perfectly well.