The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Yeah, that's a clever idea, but (call me silly) I don't wanna do that if it's not been done on the real rifles.

I know it was discussed on the old boards, but what is the correct flash hider for a short SFW? Anyone have a link?

To set the record straigt..

The fh556 is used on the short ones in conjuction with the Supressor. Else they use the Birdcage..

The 16" either have the Birdcage or newer ones the BE Meyer Vortex.

The snakeskin effect (sprating the rifle with a scrim scarf between the paint and rifle) seems to be the current vogue based on pics of both UKSF and USSF coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan over recent years.

The reason why the scrim/snake effect is used - as it disrupts Night Vision Devices - to a small degree of course. :)

newer ones the BE Meyer Vortex.

I'm not so sure they're BE meyers, the images I've seen recently show a FH looking more like this CLICK.

Until I see something with better resolution though I can't be sure.

That one pic of the Pathfinders showed a FH that distinctively looked like an BE Meyers.

Also, the Vortex FH you posted is a coop between SF and BE Meyers :)

The snakeskin effect (sprating the rifle with a scrim scarf between the paint and rifle) seems to be the current vogue based on pics of both UKSF and USSF coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan over recent years.

The reason why the scrim/snake effect is used - as it disrupts Night Vision Devices - to a small degree of course. :)

What utter rubbish! The US Grid NV Clothing was obsolete before it was even fielded, actually it was proven to make you MORE visible on GEN 3 Stuff.

Its done because its easy and is effective as a camouflage.

Does anyone know where i can get a BEMeyers FH from, i've tried the usual places ehobby, ebairsoft, redwolf, wolf armouries, airsoft global, airsoft armouries, no one has them, they're either sold out or not listed, any ideas?

Sorry mate, a one off: saw a classifieds thread containing one at another forum. Maybe if Gorilla decides against getting it, he can share the link with you.

What utter rubbish! The US Grid NV Clothing was obsolete before it was even fielded, actually it was proven to make you MORE visible on GEN 3 Stuff.

PM'd

TIER 1

Say it how it is mate!, I was about to crack out my Night desert parka!

My SFW is about to be finished, just waiting for a ACOG and docter sight now and i'll have my perfect setup...

Too late for the FH ive just PM'd him. On another note rather than go with the acog/docter setup i think im going to go with a spectre/docter setup. Just have to wait for some funds.