The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Anyone know of anywhere else other than SOLOint i can get a RS RIS unit from, my google fu is shoite and always comes up with airsoft unite or ones in the land of the septics. Cheers lads.

Well the one from SOLO is 70 bucks or i could get one of the blokes to get us one from the states when they go over in a few weeks. i also had a look at the KAC website and they sell seconds for $150 which aint bad. PM me with how much you reckon. Im not desperate for it at the mo its just something im looking at for a possible upper receiver build. Cheers.

Paint job looks great pumba, i'm aiming to achieve a similar look at some point.

Quick question about slings - I remember reading that the issue slings are sometimes used. Am I being dim or is there nowhere to loop the front end through as the sling loop is underneath the barrel, not parallel to the body?

You can put it on the sling loop it will still work, but what I have done before is use the actual sight post and thread it through there works the same. Or you could by a ris sling loop.

Here is my PTW fresh back from our trip to Sweden. Hence the snow cam paint job.

It is not finished yet. I've got a SF556 coming from Perr Mike and it needs a Storm grip fitting. The engraving is getting done as well, but instead of the Diemaco logo, it is getting the TIER 1 Skull and logo engraved. Also at the end of the serial number, instead of DM, it is getting T1 engraved.

All feedback welcome.

naughty.jpg

That's very different. Unique to a specific area of ops. Would stand out like a beacon in an urban or woodland scene.

Where are you getting the engraving done?

It will be getting a more conventional paint job soon - We have just returned from an arctic 48hr Milsim in Sweden - Cammo worked a treat.

Engraving is being done by a friend. I can pass on your details if you are interested.

Paint job looks great pumba, i'm aiming to achieve a similar look at some point.

Quick question about slings - I remember reading that the issue slings are sometimes used. Am I being dim or is there nowhere to loop the front end through as the sling loop is underneath the barrel, not parallel to the body?

cheers buddy, I used to run an issue SA80 sling through the sling loop, it does work just a little awkward. I now use a Blackhawk Storm single point sling which is really well made.

I used to use the issue sling, mounted on the front sling loop, but rather than using it in the manner you would on an L85, I just set it really long and used it like an old school rifle sling in a big loop. Works fine if all you need it for, is to chuck the thing on your shoulder occassionally.

You could always do what I did with my VTAC sling which is make a sling loop with some paracord using the gaps in the ris. As long as its good paracord and you tie it well it will be rock solid.

Here is my PTW fresh back from our trip to Sweden. Hence the snow cam paint job.

It is not finished yet. I've got a SF556 coming from Perr Mike and it needs a Storm grip fitting. The engraving is getting done as well, but instead of the Diemaco logo, it is getting the TIER 1 Skull and logo engraved. Also at the end of the serial number, instead of DM, it is getting T1 engraved.

All feedback welcome.

naughty.jpg

That's a really nice looking and unusual paint job, great effort :)

Hollywood, I like your idea with the paracord, i'll do that mod now :)

Finally got something together to show you guys. Can't omit the fact that Gorilla build the thing though! DIS arrived in the post this morning so its pretty much how I want it, without some wear and tear.

post-607-0-61055600-1330181808_thumb.jpg post-607-0-70796200-1330181987_thumb.jpg post-607-0-67721500-1330182030_thumb.jpg

post-607-0-66953000-1330182590_thumb.jpg post-607-0-53160100-1330182938_thumb.jpg post-607-0-67597600-1330183350_thumb.jpg

Probably went a bit overboard with the editing ahah.

My SFW in its current 16" "woodland" set up.

I usually use the ACOG but went with the Eotech and found it just as good if not better.

Hard to tell as its quite faint but I did a new 5 min spray job at lunch too.

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Other options for me include: ACOG, Vert grip, surefire can & surefire light.

My SFW in its current 16" "woodland" set up.

I usually use the ACOG but went with the Eotech and found it just as good if not better.

Hard to tell as its quite faint but I did a new 5 min spray job at lunch too.

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Other options for me include: ACOG, Vert grip, surefire can & surefire light.

Oh I do like that! :wub:

Okay doke, Spring's nearly here and my airsofting self is coming out of hibernation. Which means I can finally get back to building some dreams!

I've trawled the thread from beginning to end and I think I've found the answers to my questions. Firstly, I've found a good deal on a box of Beta Project P-MAG midcap magazines, and from what I understand these - and E-MAGs - are good to go with an L119. Secondly, I understand that Aimpoint Comp M4 red-dot sights are also acceptable on a SFW.

So, before I actually commit money to these things, can someone confirm these two things for me? The Comp M4 I'm looking at is this one: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/aiming-sight/red-green-dot-sight/comp-m4-type-red-dot-sight-scopeqd-mount.

Cheers in advance.

Okay doke, Spring's nearly here and my airsofting self is coming out of hibernation. Which means I can finally get back to building some dreams!

I've trawled the thread from beginning to end and I think I've found the answers to my questions. Firstly, I've found a good deal on a box of Beta Project P-MAG midcap magazines, and from what I understand these - and E-MAGs - are good to go with an L119. Secondly, I understand that Aimpoint Comp M4 red-dot sights are also acceptable on a SFW.

So, before I actually commit money to these things, can someone confirm these two things for me? The Comp M4 I'm looking at is this one: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/aiming-sight/red-green-dot-sight/comp-m4-type-red-dot-sight-scopeqd-mount.

Cheers in advance.

Hi mate. The Beta mags are great. They may get a jam but this is easily rectified ( there is thread on this in this section). Quite good value for money.