The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

@ boom headshot

Nice looking bit of gear. My son has installed a Raptor Mosfet in his ICS m4 and really likes it. Should finish your gun off nicely I would think. :)

Just a quick question in regards to battery setup..

Im currently running my C8 front wired with a peq battery box on the top rail but I hate how it looks... How big a LiPo can you generally fit in the stock tube? And is it practical having it wired to the stock this way for skirmishing or does the battery have to be swapped out too often?

Just curious as I've been thinking about rewiring it to the rear since I first got it.

Thanks in advance

You can squeeze an 11.1v 1300mah vapextech lipo in the lipo specific stock tubes with a mosfet and still close the stock to the second notch.

With the mosfet set on 3 round burst I tend to get about the same number of rounds as the mah of the battery.

If you plan on using a standard tube the 11.1v 1100 mah lipo's fit fine and close fully aslong as you are tidy with the wiring.

You can stick 7.4v nunchuck or slim lipos in the ris bud :) Saves you a lot of hassle!

I've actually left the whole AEG business now, far to easy for me to mess up wiring! Gas is much simpler :3

Sounds like rewiring is the way to go doesent seem like I'll lose much in the way of battery size and carriage and changes of battery will be much easier and more practical! Dilemma I'd be facing running a LiPo in the handgaurd is speed of battery change would make things a hassle which would be especially annoying in longer games..

Thanks for the help :)

Mine is rear wired and it is much nicer than having the peq box at the front, a 1300 lasts a whole day for me without any issues, I take a spare just in case though!

Well worth getting the proper stock tube and a couple of 1300's (might as well get it wired for deans too while you are there!)

Cool, guess if Im going to do it I might as well do it properly and get the stock tube, will a stock G&P gearbox run an 11.1v alright or should I stick to 7.4's? (only just started using LiPo's and only have a 7.4) Definately wiring it to deans though :)

ANY gearbox will run with an 11.1v right up until it strips a piston or a gear or two, G&P's tend be be good internally but it could last a mag or it could last 100 of them.

I've never had any real issues with running 11.1's, only 1 piston 1 stripped gear in 2 years. I use mainly semi or very short bursts with my AEG's though.

I would recomend 7.4s. Better safe than sorry. I have always used 7.4 in my SFWs. With deans you will get a rof about the same as you will get with a 9.6 battery.

My WIP, based around a WE :) No batteries :D Going for early UKSF in Afghan / Iraq look

DIS was picked up off my neighbour for the extortionate price of £25....

To do:

Get rid of that minging CQB sling mount

Barrel Extension

LLM01 to be added (only for CQB games though)

Dirty up stock + rail covers

Milliput front sight (although not a priority)

More £35 a pop mags....

SFWWIP.png

I'm waiting for two of these Frosty, from your same source I guess...

Hi there. I sent you a PM, can you check ?

Thanks

Vincent

I use a 1100 7.4v in my stock tube. I can last all day if i'm not chewing through hicaps all day. Usually I switch to my 203 for the other half of the day.

A friend of mine uses a similar sized crane battery in his RIS and hasn't run out all day, but i know he isn't as trigger happy as me. :P

What kind of ranges do you guys zero your Docter sights to? And 4x ACOGs? I'm thinking 5 and 15 m respectively, maybe a bit longer.

I would say adjust the sights to whatever ranges you play at,in my opinion other people really cant help you with this one.

Sure. Thing is I can't really decide, and was interested in others' experience. My last question was just out of interest, really.

I zeroed my LLM01 today (Element, seriously good piece of kit, for £35 shipped I got a Very powerful laser, very powerful torch, IR laser + IR torch....win!) and the laser is right on top of the foresight blade @ 17-20m. Makes quick target aquistion a doddle with my DIS!

IGNORE TAPE! Getting some sniper tape in the post!

To do:

Get rid of that minging CQB sling mount

Barrel Extension

LLM01 to be added (only for CQB games though)

Dirty up stock + rail covers

Milliput front sight (although not a priority) - no longer doing

More £35 a pop mags....

NPAS

IMG_0152.jpg

Yup I am corrigan! Recomend the LLM01 anyway if you can get your hands on it, seriously quality bit of kit (only thing that lets it down is the crappy velcro attachment your'e given, doesnt even stick to the pressure pad...)

Was looking at getting myself one of the LLM01's was just waiting on someone to reccomend it!

Just out of curiosity was going to krylon my gat in the next couple of weeks just tan with snakeskin effect in mid brown and OD, is it worth taking the gun apart and spraying each section seperately or could I just cover up any openings (dust cover, end of barrel etc) and spray over without risking any of the internals?

Many thanks.