The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

I need some help:

Apparently, my Hurricane KAC-style RIS doesn't fit on the pro-arms L119A1 barrel. This came as a bit of a surprise to me.

As you can see, there's a good little gap between the end of the RIS and the nut thing it's supposed to slot into.

14m6l4i.jpg

Now, does this mean I need to get another barrel or RIS? Or am I missing something?

Not sure mate, as it was bought second hand, as part of a long G&P SFW. Are there RIS units with half inch different lengths?

Great. This build is really sucking the life out of me. :(

Thanks for the help.

Can anyone with a pro-arms outer barrel recommend me a RIS that'll definitely fit?

How is the quality of those then?

A related question: Do real SFWs have those shiny heat guards (is what I assume they are) inside the RIS?

Mike, the guy I got it from says is just "standard length". Not sure anymore that there is such a thing.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. The thing is, I'm not going to buy anything now until I'm sure it'll fit. Does anyone own a G&P, for example, and can give me some measurements? I'd really appreciate it.

My diemaco's, both G&P top one as a 16 inch and bottom as a 10 inch CQB, still needs a few bits to finish it, mainly a doctor and wing's and a perr mike suppressor and SF 556 if ever i can track the last two down lol.

2ustop2.jpg

kbvzu1.jpg

Delta that bayonet lug needs to go...

sfw2.jpg

sfw.jpg

Its pretty much unchanged since these pics although it now has a TG grip and a peq 15

Some older ones:

002.jpg

Sfguns.jpg

I have a King Arms (I think) TG grip, and the fit is horrible. It's rattling about like hell. Anyone of you notice that?