The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Danny: With a 10'' barrel and bayo lug still on, surely the suppressor (at least PM's) won't screw all the way on?

The real deal SF won't fit on a 10" without the bayonet lug removed either. Not everyone that gets issued a 10" C8 is going to be using a suppressor (RMP CP for example).

You didn't, no. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that all UKSF C8 CQBs should be able to fit the cans. Maybe Mike knows?

No, but I can imagine they need to be able to fit one, to every rifle. That sounds reasonable to me, at least.

Not saying they'll always have one on.

Can someone give me a list of possible sling solutions which would have been used in the last 10 years on 10" L119's apart from the SA80 sling. Im using the SA80 one on my 16" but want something thats more convenient to use with a shorter rifle. anyone know what CRW troop would be using on their 10 inchers?

cheers

I would imagine all the UKSF issued 10"s have had the lug removed but I don't know for sure. I've have been told you will rarely see a 16" in use with :ph34r: wet these days and they all pretty much rock the suppressor.

As for slings you can go for 5.11 Vtac's or BHI single points (Normal and molle) those are all I've seen or been told about.

No, but I can imagine they need to be able to fit one, to every rifle. That sounds reasonable to me, at least.

Not saying they'll always have one on.

Colt Canada are not affiliated to Surefire, they won't therefore spec a rifle to fit non Colt parts.

Besides the majority of customers are regular Canadian, Dutch and Danish soldiers - that need a bayonet far more than a suppressor!

By 'they', I mean UKSF. This thread is about UKSF rifles, not bayo-wielding Canuck or RMP guns. :P

It seems to me that if you want a UKSF 10'' C8, you need to loose the bayo lug.

I'd say only the rifles fitted with the surefire flashhider will have silencers, purely due to the fact that the flashhiders and silencers come as a pack. With the amount of AR parts on the market, i would suggest that there are the parts available, either that or its a case of the armourers taking an angle grinders to standard parts.

I'd say only the rifles fitted with the surefire flashhider will have silencers, purely due to the fact that the flashhiders and silencers come as a pack. With the amount of AR parts on the market, i would suggest that there are the parts available, either that or its a case of the armourers taking an angle grinders to standard parts.

Yup, would have thought they'd just lop em off, and replace with a new one if they needed it.

The guy who knows the guy who used to know a guy who once saw the gates that once were outside a camp where "THEY" might have been said that he's seen them in use

I've never heard that joke before mate. It was just a question, if you havent got an answer for it then there really is no need to comment on it. I merely asked if someone has seen it in use as I know there are some people on this forum that work in the forces and are more likely to have seen "them" than I. it also seems like a decent product by a decent manufacture and they normally go for the high end gear.

Not a rant in any shape or form, just think that you really shouldnt take the piss when the idea of a forum is to discuss and get other peoples opinions and views.

Sometimes it all gets a bit too serious so lightening the mood helps.

I know there are some people on this forum that work in the forces and are more likely to have seen "them" than I.

and I have.

I do personally know of one person, serving with "a certain unit" who HAS used an MS2 on their rifle. This I know as I sent it to them when they were last out in theatre.

Fair one mate. Ive just heard that joke a shit load of times and was just looking for an answer to a question that i had before spending 30 odd quid on a piece of nylon. But thanks for your answer, it did help. I think its a toss up between a single point BHI sling and the MS2 or 3.