The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

The guy in dessie kit with auscam tape - his vest is a SORD LAMG vest .All of his pouches are also SORD.

There was a time when the SORD kit was quite popular with that lot.

@ Cracking day & Scopey-cheers!

btw does anyone know when any reinforced front sights are likely to make an appearance? As i understand at the moment there's none available anywhere?

Hi guys. First off, can I say a big thank you to all who have posted on this thread; loads of great advice and great pics to gain inspiration from!

I am ready to start thinking seriously about getting my L119A1 up and running, for which I have been saving furiously for. The look I am going for is the 10" Suppressor set up and I am starting completely from scratch, don't even have my donor weapon yet.

It would be great if I do parts list and to have some feedback about which brands are best and weather they all fit together etc.

Weapon

From what I have read, G&P is the way to go. Would you suggest getting a CQB version and using the RAS from that?

Reciever

G&P / Guarder / Dragon Red? Preferably, I would like the L119A1 trades but am happy to settle for the C8 trades. Do all of these recievers fit the G&P's?

Barrel

Obviously 10". Pro arms? Or if I go for the G&P CQB, could I just mod the existing barrel?

Suppressor

I'll get my name on the next convenient batch of Perr_Mike's 556's. not too sure on which flash hider I would need though?

These are the main areas that I am not completely sure of, any advice or comments would be fantastic. Other than that, i'd get the larger pistol grip, vert grip, guarder butt pad, peq-15, acog w/ doctor and wing mount. Anything i've missed?

Thanks again,

Will

Hey Will, welcome to the club.

Weapon

G&P are very good donor rifles, yes. Great external quality and fair prices. If it saves you having to get a RAS separately, I'd do that. I can speak for the fit and quality of the G&P RAS.

Receiver

My G&P has a G&P-made C8 receiver, which is (apart from the fire selector markings) a correct choice for a C8 CQB. It fits fine, as it's the same manufacturer as the base. Can't say anything about the SFW receivers.

Barrel

I can confirm that with a G&P upper and RAS, the pro-arms will fit. The existing barrel is 10.5 inches, if you get a CQB rifle, and it'd mean chopping a bit off and re-threading it, which is a nuisance. I'd just get the pro-arms. Quality is great.

Suppressor

No flash hider needed with the suppressor, it threads right on. If you mean separately, I believe dytac make a copy of the correct surefire one (SF556FH).

Those accessories would all work. I'd also get a SF scout light (either a real or the element copy), they are very very common. The correct version is the M600C.

Also, some important details you didn't mention: you should chop the bayonet lug off, and don't forget to get the older-style stock (I can recommend the G&P one)

Other than that, I think you're good to go.

Thanks very much. Again, all great advice to be commended. I'm going to do a blog with pictures and videos so everyone can share my experiences and failures from start to finish; i'll either do a thread and update it regularly or just post it as a full 'L119A1 Project'.

With regards to the barrel, to save money i'll probably lob the .5" off the existing and re-thread it. I'll contact Perr_Mike about the thread sizing. Duly noted about the bayonet lug, forgot to mention it. Do the replica M600C's have press-to-activate grip switches? Also, going to get me a healthy amount of sniper tape!

No doubt I will be running to and from the forum crying about some error or another. Other than that, wish me luck guys!

heres my second attempt at an L119A1, this one is a 10" offering which I may get a perr mike suppressor for.

its comprised of:

CA sportline gearbox and motor

CA 10" outer barrel

King arms inner barrel

guarder stowaway pistol grip

G&P C8 reciever

CA stock

accessories:

replica eotech 552

EMAG

VFC AN PEQ 2

Stubby type tango down grip

Element surefire scout light

guarder butt pad

fures like a dream and well impressed with the look so far, keeping this one black as ive already got a desert style one and dont wanna ruin these lovely trades.

any recommendations to make it better?

i'll either do a thread and update it regularly or just post it as a full 'L119A1 Project'.

We don't need ANOTHER thread on the 'L119A1'. We have this one and that's all we need ;)

Thanks very much. Again, all great advice to be commended. I'm going to do a blog with pictures and videos so everyone can share my experiences and failures from start to finish; i'll either do a thread and update it regularly or just post it as a full 'L119A1 Project'.

With regards to the barrel, to save money i'll probably lob the .5" off the existing and re-thread it. I'll contact Perr_Mike about the thread sizing. Duly noted about the bayonet lug, forgot to mention it. Do the replica M600C's have press-to-activate grip switches? Also, going to get me a healthy amount of sniper tape!

No doubt I will be running to and from the forum crying about some error or another. Other than that, wish me luck guys!

Mate, tell me about it. My struggles are well documented in this thread. :P

If you have any questions, post here or shoot me a PM, I've just done the same build and probably found every damn pitfall there is!

I'd think about changing the vertical foregrip to one more commonly seen. Other than that, it's pretty much spot on, mate. Pity about the external wiring, though. I'd rear-wire it and stick a LiPo in the buffer tube. Maybe get some of that sexy orange or white armoury numbering on the stock?

Mate, tell me about it. My struggles are well documented in this thread. :P

If you have any questions, post here or shoot me a PM, I've just done the same build and probably found every damn pitfall there is!

I'd think about changing the vertical foregrip to one more commonly seen. Other than that, it's pretty much spot on, mate. Pity about the external wiring, though. I'd rear-wire it and stick a LiPo in the buffer tube. Maybe get some of that sexy orange or white armoury numbering on the stock?

cheers mate. I have a full size tangodown grip on my other build, i thought id be a bit different one on this one and go down the stubby route but may switch it out if it proves uncomfortable in game. I dont really wanna go down the lipo route so for not unfortunately the wiring at the front will have to stay but i my wrap it all in black nasty to try and conceal it or tuck more of it inside the RIS. Armoury number is a good shout. anyone remember the name of the pens so i can have a look for one on ebay?

i'll either do a thread and update it regularly or just post it as a full 'L119A1 Project'.

We don't need ANOTHER thread on the 'L119A1'. We have this one and that's all we need ;)

Point taken, i'll have a record available at PM request should it be required!

Thanks buddy. There are some more pics earlier in the thread.

I am indeed. By far the most handy solution, in my mind. The stock even retracts all the way, you wouldn't even know it's there.

Well my third build has gone out the window, finally bought a new RIS and grip for a Fagpulled up Sopmod i bought ages ago, doesn't feed, doesn't stop when out of BB's and Im pulling back on the mag to make it feed. Basically going to split it as I can't be arsed with it. Front sight is wobbly where it had some gay as Troy thing on it, so missing the bits needed to keep it still, waste of £350 plus the new £100 RIS!

Stick to my 2 KWA versions i think!

Here's my two the last time I took photo's of them. Please ignore the bayonet lug.

post-986-0-50745400-1323440180_thumb.jpg

I have seen a CQB with Bayonet lug still on it. There is also a picture floating about on the net of (I believe) a RM in dessie gear holding one. Hope this helps? A|nd they don't all have the full fat front sight either. Some do, some don't.

For those with C8's with supressors fitted, when you change over to the flash hider instead making it into a CQB what do you do with the inner barrel?

I'm a bit stuck as i'd like to change it over quickly but the inner barrel is obviously too long as it goes up to the end of the supressor....Can you just chop the inner barrel and use the supressor on its own or will it effect accuracy?