The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

I haven't said the contrary that E=Export...

but why Magpul Export their mags ? because european weapons mag well are different than American weapons (M4 for exemple), and PMAG don't fit HK416 & L85 because it don't have same dimensions.

And if the Emag have different dimensions than PMAG, he will have game in M4 mag well, it's just logic for me.

And we can tell as one version only has a window on one side, where as the other has a window on both.

Yes it's true, but do you see the other face of the MAG on the SFSG's L119a1 to afirm it's an Emag ??

Right, My C8 is pretty much finished,

Spec....

G&P metal body with trades

KAC RIS

C8 stock and pad

Lonestar ordnance grip

Genuine C8 DIS

Genuine Tango down grip

TM mag with genuine Magpul

PM sf556 Supressor

Rear wired for lipo's with deans connectors

Bayonet lug removed, just needs a bit of a sand and paint....and tape up the front sling loop.

Let me know what you think.....

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

There is quite a lot of play in my trigger, is there amy way to change this to a nice sharp trigger pull. Also it seems to take ages to cycle inside the gearbox before i can fire another round, ie its quite hard to double tap due to the poo timings, does it sound like there is anything wrong with the gearbox, if so what needs to happen?

Cool. I recently got a Guarder type B plate, and was disappointed to find that it won't let me run my wires through it, so I can't mount it. I don't have access to any machining tools, do you think using a file to make an indent in the hole for the buffer tube for the wires is plausible, or will it take too long? Not sure what material they've used.

He's got a plate which is very similar to the correct Diemaco one, not sure what brand it is. (I know because I did the rewire for him!)

Yep he did! Thanks for that by the way mate!

Hi Folks, just new on the forum & love some of the SFWs on display! B)

Im still learning all about the Diemaco/SFW/L119A1 but hoping to build one at some point. I have a quick question i was hoping someone 'in the know' could answer concerning the Diemacos that were used in 'Operation Barras' (sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere i just havent seen it?). Were these the earlier C8 type with fixed carry handle receivers, like the one shown below? Or did they have the RIS receivers & handguards & more modern barrels?

diemarco-c8.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

It has been reported that the first operational use of the L119A1 has been Gberi Bana heli-assault during Barras.

There are lots of photos of that op, but mostly about Paras. There are a few pics of (assumed) SF men, but they were all sporting C7 and Minimis.

There's a pic of a Def where you can easily spot a G3KA4 as well on the footboard.

@ abbadon101 & frosty

Yeah ive seen the pictures with the M16A2/M203/ L110A1, but wasnt sure of the Diemaco. Ah, C7s then. thanks alot guys!

@ Staffy

Cheers for that!