The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Spike mate what did you do with the battery on your recoil 119 I cannot remember, do you have a crane stock, did you rewire it so it's front wired or have you hidden the battery somewhere about the stock?

Cheers, I'm thinking about getting one but the question is which to go for. Obviously the socom is front wired anyway, but doesn't have the RIS, which is a fair bit of cash and that puts it above the price of the rear wired ones.

Really? Hmm. I'm pretty much committed to getting one now, I'd like to get back into the hobby properly and I'd really like a recoil 119. I'm up for the work to rewire and save money at the same time, but if I can find the right ris at the right price suddenly things are more complicated. Why is nothing ever simple haha?

To be honest mate your better off getting it re wired professionally. It'll save on the hassle if you muck it up. It doesn't cost much either. Make sure you use a mini connector either deans or tamaya as room is premium in the rail.

If you're after a front wired gun it's probably more sensible to start off with a SOCOM as it's already front wired and cheaper than a SOPMOD anyway. A RIS to stick on the front would be cheaper than the cost difference and paying someone to re-wire it. 

If you'd rather do the wiring yourself then the disassembly of a recoil gun is a little more involved than a standard AEG but the gearbox itself is actually very easy to work on, none of the normal crap you have to deal with on a V2; anti reversal latch holds itself in place, trigger spring is also easy, tappet plate spring can be replaced once the gearbox has been reassembled fully and the main spring isn't held under tension.

post-6994-14223610728566_thumb.jpg not sure if its been posted about already but an anyone identify the bottom rifle? I hazard a guess at a modern sfw but cant be sure as it has a different sight and looks smaller somehow...

It's an LWRC M6 PSD.  I'm not sure if the admins allow those photos though, although the one you've chosen is one of the less sensitive of the leaked ones :).

Doesn't look like it, the barrel looks like a 10.5" for a start. Then the sight, magwell grip, pistol grip, stock and sling plate. They are all possible on an SFW, but all of them, leaving no SFW Classic parts? Reckon it's an M4 myself.

Its the same one from another pic i have, bloke using it is definitely a brit, could be a contractor but personally i doubt it