The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

So i've been away from here for a while and i'm coming to the end of a pair of builds.  I still have a few things to take care of like the colour on the 16" barrel, the sling plate on the 16" is going on the 10" and a Warlord Slingplate is going on the 16" also changing the buffer tube on the 16" but they are all in the pipeline.  I have stuffed as much RS into these as possible and i'm currently waiting until i can get a pair of traded SGT bodies.  I'm in the market for an RS BAD lever if someone could point me in the right direction.  An RS ACOG and a new peq are also on the shopping list.  They are pretty vanilla at the moment until i get all the bits i'm waiting for.  Feedback most welcome.

14642994097_18ca65320c_z.jpgL119A1 by krissvdh, on Flickr

14642934708_40f9ca757c_z.jpgL119A1 by krissvdh, on Flickr

14642922008_1c9d1b314d_z.jpgL119A1 by krissvdh, on Flickr

Three? There's only two there and unfortunately yes; The serial numbers are the same.
As the safe semi and auto had already been engraved I couldn't really get the correct S,R and auto in it's place without having to grind it down and then repaint it. If I'd fine down that route I'd have got proper engraving. :)

Heheheh, Calm down, Calm Down :lol:

It's a work in progress and it's indicated that it's a temporary measure :)

He's already booked in the receivers for engraving when he has time and a window in his playing schedule ;)

SMIOK :)

Typo.

There´s Metal-Putty.

Still wouldn't be right though as I'd know it was a filler and as warrior said; They're a WIP.

When I have the money any inaccuracies will be corrected but for now I'm happy with them. :)

No sweat, just pointing the right direction ;)

No worries mate :) it isn't my first rodeo to use an americanism! I've built a L119A1 before but it was an AEG and had the Diemaco traded G&P body, which made life easier. Ive already invested heavily in the WE GBB platform so money is on the low side and lasering was cheaper than engraving.

As much as we'd all love to see perfect L119 replicas not everyone has the budget to do so and you must also allow for a certain amount of creative differences due to so many types in use. As long as the basics are there and the owner is happy with their build then what is there to complain about? If someone stuck a photo of a bog standard M4A1 up in here then i could see that being an issue though ;)

Meh, not bothered by trades myself, they look good though. I may get Warrior to trade up my next Jtac gbbr purchase though.

And sticking up the subject of C8 GBBR's....

50EFFDD8-4C53-48F2-A499-3B23AF15EABD_zps

No trades to worry about. I like how the paints come out pattern wise but the colours are awful (halfords camo paint). Picking some Krylon up this weekend hopefully so I'll redo do it.

Freshly painted DTW with a pretty rare Black Ops Corp M4 carry bag.

DTWL119A1_zps9b49cdc2.jpg

DTWL119A1a_zps85755d27.jpg

DTWL119A1b_zps842a72e8.jpg

I went for Tan/Green but I seen some RS versions a wee while ago painted in chocolate brown strips. Looked pretty grim!

My L119A1s:

rfseJGz.jpg?1

Top is a DTW/PTW hybrid with an STTS hop up and reformation II inner barrel.  Blank PTW lower still needs engraving.

Bottom is an upgraded Inkoatsu sopmod (2012) with a RA-Tech NPAS, adjustable hop up and tightbore barrel.  Looking at picking up a viper tech blank lower for proper trades, as well as the usual accessories.

Both sporting Perr Mike suppressors and both in need of a new paint job!

Edited by Hicks