The UKSF L119A1 Thread (inc SFW)

Lovely! The top one is quite close to mine. Can I ask, does the colour difference between the can and the barrel/front sight irritate you?

Couple of bad picss of my 16", will get some better ones up & some of the 10" when I'm on my desktop not my netbook.

228500_1728253377497_1573326596_31543616_1781768_n.jpg

But now with added:

225469_1754992205951_1573326596_31570951_7427834_n.jpg

Classic Army/G&P base gun with PerrMike barrel, Army Code gas block, real Surefire Scout light, genuine Diemaco sling plate and genuine Doctor/wing mount combination.

Lovely! The top one is quite close to mine. Can I ask, does the colour difference between the can and the barrel/front sight irritate you?

yup but to be honest the latest RS ones I have seen are all completely black, a bit like the second picture so i'd need to spray the PTW to make it look more authentic

Well obviously, but they didnt originate from UKSF,so wondered whether they actually used it or not. Maybe i shouldnt ask questions in elitist threads.

No harm in asking.

UKSF have a long and glorious tradition of applting paint to anything that is unpainted - including rifles.

The snakeskin effect (sprating the rifle with a scrim scarf between the paint and rifle) seems to be the current vogue based on pics of both UKSF and USSF coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan over recent years.

Works on kit too (not that I would ever get carried away with a scrim and paint :) ).

No need for that tone.

Theres nothing elitist about this thread or its predessors. You asked a question, got an answer (I'm sorry if that reply offender you, would help if the smily I thought I added was there, fixed ;) ).

Things in text get interpreted in different ways over the net, to me that seemed an arrogant and sarcastic reply, sorry if i did take it the wrong way, the reason i asked was because it seemed a bit "cod like" to me to be UKSF used. But theboyspud gave the kind of answer i was looking for lol

yup but to be honest the latest RS ones I have seen are all completely black, a bit like the second picture so i'd need to spray the PTW to make it look more authentic

Ah, so the greyish finish is less realistic? I always thought it was the other way around, for some reason. I suppose it depends on which weapons you're looking at aswell.

Ah, so the greyish finish is less realistic? I always thought it was the other way around, for some reason. I suppose it depends on which weapons you're looking at aswell.

All the latest American M4's are coming out the factory in the black colour as well. The earlier M4/m16's used to be a grey/blue colour which is similar to the PTW colour but nowadays all the M4's or L119A1's I see are black.

My two girls. Not got round to getting a photo of my GBB with the two AEGs yet, and this photo must be getting on for 2 years old...

STA71633_1.jpg

(I know the PEQ is missing the end cap on the 10.5"!)

Glad your back up and running, after the last 'mishap' I subsribed to the thread, so can go through the emails, for all the reference pics if you guys want?

My contribution to get this thread back to the old days!

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

225801_10150310214996038_823711037_9662130_7958956_n.jpg

228244_10150310215271038_823711037_9662136_4893319_n.jpg

226755_10150310349656038_823711037_9663864_5133759_n.jpg

Dragon Red L119A1 body,

G&P Storm Grip,

CA AR15 Stock,

Guarder butt pad,

G&P CQB/R rail and barrel with bayonet lug cut off,

Perr Mike Custom - SF556 Supressor,

G&P Vert Grip,