jofly

Commonwealth SF loadout

After much squinting at the pic on Platatac's FB page I *think* you can see the ridges on the knee pad, meaning it's Platatac. Though as they've been documented in Gen2, Gen2 w/ Airflex pads, Gen3, and Platatac you'd be good to go with pretty much anything!

Still working on the funds for the FAPC but here's what I got so far:

PnUrX.jpg

Kit list

Head

Multicam Patrol cap

BritKitUSA 2 Commando D Coy Patch

UnderArmour Cold Gear Balaclava

Torso

Condor Plate Carrier (Cant remember what version) {Tan}

Warrior Systems M4 Magazine pouch x2

Warrior Systems Flashlight pouch

Warrior Systems Grenade pouch

Front Pouch triple Magazine holder

BritKitUSA 2 Commando D Coy Patch

Shirt

Emerson Crye Multicam TRU

BritKitUSA Australian IR Flag Patch

BritKitUSA Australian/Afghan Flag

Legs/Footwear

Hellikon Replica Multicam Combat Trousers

Merrel MOAB Hiking shoe

Was really amazed by the Quality of the Brit Kit stuff.

Fantastic Job, Rudy. Cheers!

Looks more "generic multicam loadout" at the moment.

Work on the detail as it is the little things that count!

Thinking of making a SAS recce loadout and currently looking for a jacket, as I read on this thread, platatac seems to be very popular so I found these 2 http://www.platatac.com/mid-layer/plat-a-tac-multicam-smock/w1/i1274484_1024440/,http://www.platatac.com/shell/platatac-tmcj-mkii/w1/i1392499_1024441/. Which one would be best? Does any of these work aswell if Im later changing to a UKSF loadout?

069a9bb6.jpg

Special Operations Task Group soldiers prepare to engage the enemy during operations in Southern Afghanistan during 2011.

Tempted to take a go at building this rifle, minus the multicam colour scheme though, thats probably going a bit to far. Any idea which lenght of Troy rail is being used, 11' or more likely 13' inch i assume?

It's not 11 it 12" that for sure, it's more like 12.5 or 13" judging up the gap from the rail to FH. Looks about right for a 14.5" carbine length.

100% a 13" Troy TRX on an M4a1. There's a couple of other pictures out there of Ozzies running the same base set-up.

Thanks, do you know where those other pics are? I've never seen a pic with the Troy rail other than that one.

There's another from the same set; where one of the guys is waiting for a helicopter.

The other one was posted up on GearSoc, but have subsequently been taken down by the poster (so I'm not going to re-post his stuff, if he's changed his mind about it being shown). He was wearing a CPC, and the rifle was a 14.5" M4a1/Troy 13" TRX/EOtech 552 w/ Magnifier/PEQ-15/M3X Long/Crane stock w/ Garmin pouch/Command Arms pistol grip.