jofly

Commonwealth SF loadout

The thread says loadouts: My about 2 thirds done attempt at a 2010-era SOTG marksman

IMG_0276.jpg

Gen 2 trews a possibility, but waiting on Crye Fields to show up...

Sweet kit mate, What plate carrier is that?

Alex

The thread says loadouts: My about 2 thirds done attempt at a 2010-era SOTG marksman

IMG_0276.jpg

Gen 2 trews a possibility, but waiting on Crye Fields to show up...

Sweet kit mate, What plate carrier is that?

Alex

Cheers fella, it's a Gen 2 Diamondback Tactical FAPC.

Thanks mate.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice to what daypack would fit onto the back of the FAPC. I haven’t ever had anything other than magazine pouches etc and not sure where to start with this. Do they attach or are they just worn over like a rucksack?

Something like these seen in the firsts posts of this topic. Thanks to the guys who posted!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st_shooter/Backpack.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st_shooter/OzBackpack.jpg

Thanks In advance.

Alex

Thanks guys.

I am going to try and build something up over time based on those pics. The gear shouldnt be a problem its the funding for weapon changes that might be.

Just ordered:

Flyee FAPC in MC @ $81

A range of pouches and a generic backpack.

+ KSC/KWA (Umarex) USP.45 Tactical and will just need to change the sights.

Next stop umm? Need the Crye trousers & top.

Thanks guys.

I am going to try and build something up over time based on those pics. The gear shouldnt be a problem its the funding for weapon changes that might be.

Just ordered:

Flyee FAPC in MC @ $81

A range of pouches and a generic backpack.

+ KSC/KWA (Umarex) USP.45 Tactical and will just need to change the sights.

Next stop umm? Need the Crye trousers & top.

Get yourself a Platatac CUTS for top...

Quick pic of the current set up (taken inside but you get the picture)

Platatac MAC, CUTs, Crye Field, USP etc

TCSOTG11.png

Looking forward to the new 417 coming out, if only I can find a way to mod the GBB version to take my PTW internals.....

First one (gent on the right I assume) might be wearing a Blackhawk CRCH judging by the waist strap and the buckles; the second one appears to be a Mayflower UW chest rig mounted onto a Mayflower plate carrier (possibly the APC).

Are those rigs private purchases? It seems like theres a whole lot of different gear in use by the aussie SF while attempting a UKSF gear it gotta all be issued, SOHPC/RMV, MICH 2000/Ops core and crye precision, thats it.

With the Aussies, it's hard to tell whether it's actually issued or private purchase as there is very little information around about their procurement (other than big item things like the move to Crye Combats in MC). Off the top of my head, from pics there's a mix of DiamondBack Tactical (DBT), SORD, Plat-a-Tac, Eagle, Blackhawk and now by the looks of it Mayflower amongst others being used in theatre; which suggests more private purchase than issue.

I confess I have a tame digger in the family, the only bit of issue kit he wears is the green beret on his large freakish head

When I was over at Christmas I was talking to one of the blokes who runs platatac who mentioned he received private and unit sized orders (we were talking multicam cuts shirts)

The boys have a fair bit of leeway with kit and it seems the Aussie approach of scrounging the best/most appropriate bits of kit when they are in theatre is alive and well (started back in ww1!) so it wouldn't surprise me if some of the kit we are seeing used/worn was swapped or scrounged from our seppo or pommy mates ;)

for info guys wearing British gen 1 MTP trousers and smocks wouldn't look out of place. mixing this with American multican BDU trousers as well would give you a pretty current look. this is not an Aussie look but the but the other lot from the southern hemisphere.

Thought I'd post up a few more ref pics of Aussie SF that I've been using as inspiration for my in progress impression.

5189666020_d401060e2c_o.jpg

Can somone tell me what the front pouch is? The one with the zip, that the mag pouches have then been placed on top of. Thanks in advance!

Nothing new here but have not seen this picture before:

Are the 2 lads closest in the picture wearing Mk7's? - look too round to be ACH helmets.....