jofly

Commonwealth SF loadout

Do I spy a CT1 on the guy with the CTR stock at 1:10 in the first episode? Despite all the speculation about their use, it's the first I've actually seen...and it's on an ozzie rather than a brit.

Thanks guys, hadn't seen those before. I'd only looked - unsuccessfully - for them on Brit TFB pics...you think the Welsh ebayer was using artistic licence?

Rumours (and I repeat "rumors") are they weren't used by SF, but RMP and regimental CPGs...

SASR form TAG-W out of Sydney with elements of 1st Commando Regiment

TAG-E is formed from 2nd Commando Regiment out of Perth (?) and have a small number of SASR in command roles

both have elements of the Incident Response Regiment and Naval Clearance Divers for AIEDD

impossible to say 100% could be SASR or 1stCdo, 2ndCdo, IRR I'll try and dig out the original from the defence images database (open to the public) see what the caption says

Is there any need to quote the post above?

[nerdmode]

if you really want to get confussed for a large event like the olympics you'd also have the various Police tactical groups,each state has at least one PTG and they are trained and equiped for a more "special forces role" PTG can litrally go from a highrisk drugs warrant in a urban area to a longrange patrol and insertation to find a narcotics grow site 500K into the redcentre or even overseas peacekeeping dutes in a warzone

IIRC by federal law they must be trained and equpied the same as SF for interoperability

it will sometimes also be the case that NZSAS,NZCommandos, Police STG & AOS will be along for ops in aus

[/nerdmode]

SASR form TAG-W out of Sydney with elements of 1st Commando Regiment

TAG-E is formed from 2nd Commando Regiment out of Perth (?) and have a small number of SASR in command roles

You'll find that TAG-W is based near Perth and TAG-E near to Sydney not the other way round. Not only is it obvious as Perth is in Western Australia and Sydney is on the East Coast, but I also speak from personal knowledge ;)

if you'd seen the girl I sat behind in geography you'd wonder how I even find my socks in the morning, but yes your correct I got the coasts mixed up I put this down to being a cock but in reality I think it was down to being a MASSIVE cock

on the subject of Aussie types if you watch the news for footage of the current bushbased manhunt you'll see a fair few guys and girls kitted out in some very nice kit some are NSW Police but some aren't ;)

on the subject of Aussie types if you watch the news for footage of the current bushbased manhunt you'll see a fair few guys and girls kitted out in some very nice kit some are NSW Police but some aren't ;)

Australian police offer 'biggest bounty' in fugitive hunt - some interesting looking people in that footage, I spot MC and DPCU along with a few individuals who seem to have a habit of covering their lower faces.

the PTGs work closely with all sorts of Military assests so they could be SASR,Cdos or possibly out of state RFSUs

The thread says loadouts: My about 2 thirds done attempt at a 2010-era SOTG marksman:

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Gen 2 trews a possibility, but waiting on Crye Fields to show up...