jofly

Commonwealth SF loadout

Murta- comtacs it is then thanks.

Blackjack- wasn't sure about that utility, thinking of gettin another m4 mag pouch and a pouch for the 148 on the front now I have an idea on radios, I've seen that in a few photos. Yeah the mount needs doing, krylon is on order!

Swimmer- yes it is an FAPC, was the closest thing I could see, and what I can afford at the mo, though if people know what the actual PC they're wearing is it'll probs be a future purchase when I get the funds.

Thanks for the advice folks, I'm a bit new to this!

Cool cool thanks for that, looked at Platatac before, Benjamin Roberts-Smith is wearing one of their chest rigs in a couple of the ref pics posted on here, but SORD is a new find, thanks.

Just ordered a 148 shell and comtacs, Will post more pics when I'm a bit further along.

Looks like an Eagle Rhodesian Recon Vest (RRV), or something similar.

Re the revised rig, I think swapping out the utility for either another mag pouch and a MBITR pouch is a good idea - it depends on what sort of games you play and how much ammo you get through. Several of the pics show them only carrying 4+1 primary mags, so you could mount a frag pouch instead of a third mag pouch, pistol mags maybe on the top part of the rig or on your belt. How are you going to the run the USP?

I usually run 6 mids, so that will save putting the last 2 on my belt, which doesn't seem to be common practice. I'm gonna run my pistol mags on my belt, along with my dump pouch+ USP. I'm using an IMI holster at the mo, of which there are a few pic of in use, but safariland is on the list as I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that's the favoured holster with SOTG.

"...carrying wood." I had to stop and think about that for a second...

This one?

5097184584_e4b8dced7e_o.jpg

He's wearing the Platatac TAC DAX that you're after - I've sent you a PM about them trews, mate...

That's the Devil cheers Rudy.

No wuckas - do you need them Platatac pants, mate? Check your PMs... Let me know either way, as my fella in Oz is asking if he needs to pick them up for you...

That clip is awesome Jofly, yeah I wonder if we'll be able to watch the full thing in the UK at all... Might ask my cousin in Oz to try get me a copy if poss. Having a quick look, I see Spectres in use, and possibly a HK417 as well at about 44-45 secs in?

That does look absolutely boss! Will need to hunt it down for sure.

But yeah, 417 appears a couple of times through out that, along with the SpectreDR and aimpoint/magnifier combos.

Also - Ops-Core FAST at 1:39? Looks very similar, but at the same time slightly off...

Here is a few more reference pics of OZ SOTG

1a24d11f.jpg

20101007adf8262658175.jpg

20101024adf8262658245.jpg

20101024adf8262658390.jpg

360e9ee5.jpg

8dbbf094.jpg

809e0557.jpg

Oh and here is a couple of pics of the 417 in use with aussie regs

3e7956c7.jpg

9a5f4121.jpg

I'd assume they're just used for persec when media types are around. Look at the videos, they're not readily visible in any of the 'in field' clips. They seem to sit between the UK 'super secretive' and US 'whatever' attitude toward media coverage/photos. Also I'd hazard they're all private purchase, due to the sheer variety of colours/patterns.