The SA80/L85 thread

The missus is out with sproglet so I've a couple of mins to post the picsGGL85LiPo1Small.jpg

Thanks for that.I'll have to look at my own weapon & consider if that is something i want to do.I want to make sure there's no fouling of working parts.

I was a little concerned about the chance of fouling but there's no probs at all, the top of the trigger moves forward away from the battery and the trigger extension bar doesn't cause any trouble.

Played at First and Only Anzio on sunday, only mentioning it as there was about 4/5 others with L85's. Really good mix from the A1 right up to a modernised A2, nice to see.

Well it attaches it, but it isn't correct. I have one of those undermount things incase my L85's wing mount ever snaps off, but to be honest I epoxy resined it and it's still holding up fine. Only way to make it look right is to bodge together two halves of different acogs or to sculpt the mount posts onto the acog and glue it.

Hi just wondering if your acm docter sight works when you fix it to the wing mount cause I bought this one from rsov http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=4&manufacturerId=10&prodId=6669&cateId=0

To go on my ta31 acog, And the battery and switch are kept in the ris attatchment so when you split them mine doesnt work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find one and also a wing mount cause I also bought this one from eb airsoft http://www.ebairsoft.com/mount-acog-p-4626.html

And I would prefer a solid one like the rs vertion

Thanks l85 lovers

Oh and I'll put some pics up as soon as I can get to a pc as I can't figure out how to send from my iPhone.

Also I was thinking of removing the back of my acog and swapping with my freinds, who has got the acm acog with the square bits on the back with the manual sight, http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=2221&cateId=0

which would allow me to fit the wing mount. Does anyone know if they are gas filled or whether im going to wreck both acogs my taking them appart.

sorry for all the questions im just gagging to make my ics l85a2 look as perfect as i can. Thanks!!

Here's a radical idea ......

Instead of fecking up both ACOG's why not see if your mate will swap his sight for yours.........

Cheers and its a nice idea but the front of mine is exactly how I want it with the fibre optic running right to the front of the acog I just need the fixing bits at the back.

One for the old time airsofters on here, a cookie if you can tell me the make :lol:

Can't make up my mind if it's the gas MMC or Academy's AEG...

Hey guys,

I've finally got hold of the parts I need to give my old Star L85 abit of a refresh as an interim while I work on the Ares. I am going to replace the hop unit/rubber (something is wrong with it currently, I am almost getting minus hop, it is skewing it all over), and install a tight bore barrel. I am fine installing these sort of parts in an M4 type, but am dubious about the integrated gearbox/hop unit.

Does anyone have any advice on installing these in a Star/Ares, or know of a guide online, since I can't find any? I am not good with opening gearboxes, so if anyones done it, do they know if I am going to have to know my way round the GB properly to install a new hop unit, or is it more a case of opening, plonking it in and closing it up. I have enquired about getting it done professionally, but to be honest the prices have been about as much as the parts themselves (albeit cheapish parts).