The SA80/L85 thread

Yes that is the D-LAP. Its a real nice piece of kit also quite useful as a pointer for presentations lol. its quite heavy though

Although the inaccuracy of that acog bugs me - I'd never have one on mine - I do prefer them to the TA31, and iron sight acog is my choice for my L119 - it's a shame the aren't used on the L85 really - aesthetically. They look very good - just not 'right'.

On a random note anyone seen, or even better got pictures of, ranger plates being used on L85 Emags?

I use the 1100 from the componants shop.The alarm stick out in front of the gas block but not out of the RIS

I had that with mine but found it meant I was having to remove the RIS to charge the battery or fit the alarm. Now I've fitted a Mosfet I don't need the alarm, but to save having to remove it to charge the Lipo I got one of these from Component Shop (http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/balance_leads.html). Although the female adapter end doesn't fit the balance lead, if you remove the wires from the female end and feed them into the holes in the male lead on the battery and tape them in, you have enough extra wire to run the balance lead into the top of the RIS, so you can then leave the battery / RIS in place and just plug in the extension to the charger to top up the battery through the removable top of the RIS. So much easier.

I always remove the batteries from my guns to charge them & i usually change batteries at dinner time if i'm skirmishing.If i'm in a Mil sim firing very few shots then one battery could last the weekend & it's the alarm which runs the battery down. A battery change always requires removal of the rail,not someing i like to do in a fire fight hence the changing at dinner time routine.

Have a look at what you think of the TMH option for your LiPo RT, your L85 is an ARMY isn't it so you should have no problem? I'm going with it from now on to avoid the whole RAS polaver.

As i don't always use my L85 i use the Batteries in other guns when i'm not using it. I don't honestly think it's that much hassle changing the batteries over.I'd rather not charge batteries in situ anyway.

I'm going to stick to what i know for now :)

:) I wasn't suggesting charging the batteries in situ mate, I wouldn't do that either, simply that locating the battery in the TMH is a better option for ease access and changing than in the RAS.

Well the AA is a copy of the G&G which is what I own so it should be the same. I've got some pics on my phone which I'll upload when I get home if the ankle biter gives me a chance! :)

ah this wouldn't work on the ICS SA80 then by the looks of it. It has a clever trigger mech that has we pins on it that connect to a track on the top half of the body. I think the actual battery would get into the way of this

There's very few L85's I envy anymore - but that is awesome Westy. it looks absolutely brilliant - the only minor thing is the lack of a dual window EMag. Is thsat RDS real or a replica? If it is a replica, I'd love to know where to get one, and indeed a mount that's sure to fit it. Also is that an ACOG killflash?

Haha Damn you!! I even took a pic without a mag to hide the fact I haven't got dual mags yet :(! Thank you though:)!

It is a clone, from http://www.jkarmy.com/eng/magento/ took awhile but it arrived.

However the mount, and killflash have yes, both been modified, and an absolute spot on the ACOG flash hider. So apart form the Dual window mags and the LDS, I am pretty much there :)

I want to claim an internet cookie for first RMR on am (airsoft) L85 though!

Cheers for the heads up on where to get it - I think that's as close to an LDS as you'll get though - atleast for a while. I think I might have to spend abit on my L85 project now to make it look like that :( That's finally sold me on the Specter as opposed to an ACOG.