The SA80/L85 thread

I use Lipos & it has made a differance to my enjoyment of my AEG.I no longer have problems in the cold & the gun is reliable. The only pain is buying a charger & new batteries if you are already set up for Nimh

Thats the problem for me! It seems like so much effort and expense to make the move to Lipo's in the first place

Believe me,the effort is worth it.

Ok you guys were right the battery sling is a load of pants. I field tested it today in heavy rain and I kept losing power I tried it on my M4 and got the same result. Im deffo switching to Lipo's

Hi all, thanks for putting up with me these last few weeks, heres mine so far.

L85.jpg

Still need a couple of things, and may get into the internals some time down the line.

But thanks for all the support

Jon

Just a quick headsup. I saw 2 TA01NSN ACOGs in the armoury this morning. (the ones with the iron sights on top, no fibre optic) Just in case anyones interested.

They werent attached to anything, just sat on top of their respective PELI type cases. Ill try and get a pic next week (im on leave til sunday now)

Also this was just a random ENGR Sqns Armoury with nothing other than the normal L85/L86s and minimis.

The TA01's were originally acquired to accompany the L119s as far as I'm aware, at least the L119 AESP is the only place I've seen the TA01 mentioned as far as tech pubs are concerned.

Hi all, thanks for putting up with me these last few weeks, heres mine so far.

L85.jpg

Still need a couple of things, and may get into the internals some time down the line.

But thanks for all the support

Jon

Like it, what make is the sight? See you have done the wire lock to the adjustment caps

OK read back through the post, ACOG's wrong but from a distance, you would not notice, needs a winged mount and the fibre to extend to the full length of the sight, post mine up again soon when the LLM arrives............................ <_<

Looking to get a LLM, and TB Barrel sometime when funds allow. Oh, and my new flash hider arrived today.

Interesting situation with the batts, I'm using 7.4 1300mAh. They do fit in the Ris, bearing in mind its an ARES L85 with a RS Ris. I have found though, the batteries fit perfectly in the main body just above the barrel as far forward as possible, nice snug fit with little or no rattle, and not too bad to get at.

I used it for the first time on Sunday, changed the batteries at lunch to be safe and worked fine. I did have a problem with my mags though. I'm using Magpul pts emags, midcaps, 120. Ive run them through before at home and had no problem, however, on the day, the bbs were not feeding all the time. Is this just a case of breaking them in, or do I need to silicon spray them or similar?

Edit: Just remembered another couple of things for my wishlist :D Other internally type things and possibly a madbull agx launcher (It's probably not that good, but a pistol/grenade launcher? Yes. :P)

Looks great Jono, although the things bugging Rev are the same for me - lack of wing mount and the wrong ACOG - not major though.

I haven't had an issue with PTS EMags and my Star, which is a close relative. Are they fitting snug in the mag well? Could be when skirmishing you're knocking them about, to account for the difference between testing and playing.

Not getting the AGX launcher for the L85 though are you?

Jono, great idea regards locating your LiPo, I'm using the same size batteries and will have to try that on my G&G.

Regarding the ACoG, I have the same feelings about it but we are limited by what's available as the only TA31/Docter combo replica available is the iron sighted version.If you're not confident to mod a standard TA31 to take the wing mount and looking correct such as Rev Golightly has (a lovely job by the way) then you're rather knackered. I've got a ten plus year old G&P TA01 which is going to act as a stand in with Docter/wing mount and front EBS front sight blade removed until I buy a suitable ACM TA31. I'll then see if I can swap the back ends of the sights over to create a UK standard TA31.

Looks great Jono, although the things bugging Rev are the same for me - lack of wing mount and the wrong ACOG - not major though.

I haven't had an issue with PTS EMags and my Star, which is a close relative. Are they fitting snug in the mag well? Could be when skirmishing you're knocking them about, to account for the difference between testing and playing.

Not getting the AGX launcher for the L85 though are you?

There is a bit of wobble there, I'll have a look at it.

The AGX? Just a bit of fun :D

Well I can confirm that a 1300mAh LiPo will fit into the TMH of a G&G L85. The best position I found was to place the battery on its edge on the left hand side of the THM with the connectors at the trigger end and then laying the attached Deans connectors in the gap between the battery and the trigger bar on the right hand side. I removed the top half of the wiring harness with the fuse holder completely. With a smaller fuse holder I may reinstate it inline in the TMH half of the wiring. Seems to be a much more practical solution than mounting the battery in the RAS. All I have to do now is pop out my rear TMH pin and separate the two halves of the rifle for access, much easier. Can't upload any pics at present through works PC but will do later.

I've recently done the same while rewiring my A2 with a MOSFET. Couldn't deal with the faff of running more wire into the handguards, so had a play with my small LiPos and it all fitted nicely. Being careful, the MOSFET, LiPo and alarm all fits in the TMH.

interesting i wonder if this works on the ICS L85A2 because even with Lipos this RIS hand guard is a right pain

Got the Riser mount for my Acog and I also stuck on a wee laser to make up for the lack of an LLM. Its not technically the correct Acog i know but i liked the look of it on my M4 so i might have to buy another more authentic one at some stage so i can have one each :) DSCF0493.jpg

That's the same ACoG I'm using at present, the TA01. I've just removed the iron sights and I'm fitting a wing mount when it arrives. Soon as I can spare some funds I'll get a TA31. That a S-LAP or D-LAP laser unit? I've got the Star S-LAP, a good little unit. Trouble is my local site isn't keen on lasers so the only time it's ever been used is to freak out my cats.