The SA80/L85 thread

were can i get the Z shape mount thing that the acog sits on? ( one like panoptes) please? cheers shooter

Or here:-

http://www.ukairsoftzone.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/968-gp-peq-box-with-battery-l85-scope-mount-tm-m14-mount-tm-aep-battery-tm-pro-scope-mount/

Item 5. Brand Spanking Hornbill model still in the wrapper. Let me know if your Interested as I would take £25 for it all in posted.

;)

Tone

Out of curiosity folks, what's the key differences between a standard L85 and the current, modern set up? Besides the very obvious Daniel Defense front-end and the ACOG/red dot sight.

I'm curious because by god the modern SA80s look fookin' sexy. Which is annoying because I'm already trying to build a L119. :P

. That will be my gun complete once it arrives.

Ha ! Ha ! Who ya kidding ! There'll always be somthing new around the corner to add ! Don't think we ever finish them !

It "WILL"! :P

I'll buy this instead as a head start that way i only have to buy the correct charging handle.

I'm going to get the upgrade work done on my A1.It means sacrificing the blow back but reliability is more important. Of course a SUSAT will be bought to go with the improvements.

Glad my wife is so understanding. :D

Not sure if this is the best place for this, so Mods please move if necessary.

I've got two Army L85s, both of which were suffering power connection problems, traced in both cases to the shorter copper contact in the trigger contact having burnt away, thereby causing either intermittent contact or none at all. Having sourced a replacement trigger contact set for a G&G L85 from Zero One I can confirm that it is an exact match for the Army unit and fits perfectly. I've now got a fully working A2. Just need to get another for my A1 now. Not sure how long they'll last but hopefully long enough. May look at getting a mosfet and working out how to wire it to avoid these problems in the future.

my ICS not complete (are they ever ? RT :P ) but im happy with it ,madbull ris , running on a 1400 lipo . sticking with SUSAT not a fan of the ACOG on them .

please ignore crap quality Pic , iphone ;

34pm43t.jpg

Damn i forgot i still have to get the torch!

Ha ! Ha ! Love it ! Told you !!

I know the spectre combo is the latest incarnation of the L85 but I prefer the look of it with the SUSAT .

it's still in current use I've seen some pic's a mate fetched back from his last tour and a bootie on Ross kemp in afganistan was using one ( think it was the second episode) so there's still life in it !

They'll probably be around for another decade! I doubt i'll use one during my service, that said the spectre combo is the replacement for the SUSAT and the Aimpoint T1 is supposed to be replacing iron sights for teeth arms. The iron sights are only going to be reserved for jungle use.

I saw the SUSAT on an L85 in Kemps series,i'll be buying one of those at some point soon {possibly over Christmas}.I really don't like the look of the Spectre sight so i don't think i'll be buying one of those.I already have an L85 gun bag brought back from Afghanistan so i have somewhere suitable to keep my gun while travelling.

As for silencers.... hmm i don't think i'll be putting one of them on my guns.

I still have my A1 made by Army Armaments & besides the gearbox upgrade the only thing i'll be doing with it is adding the magazine release protector.As it is at the moment it is in the same configuration that i was issued.