The SA80/L85 thread

Daft question - where can I get the ACOG riser mount from? 

I'm probably being daft and not looking properly - any help would be great :)

I searched for ages to find one and fot it eventually from Uncompany. I just checked and they are out of stock. :(

for info as well 95% of L85's are now painted in theatre. This includes the remf's, chef's and the blokes at the shit end.

I got a reply from G&G in the early hours of this morning which i replied to this morning. With in 10 minutes i got an invoice for £20.06 gor the SUSAT rail posted. I hope send it out in the same speedy manner they replied.

if anyone is going to paint their 85 then leave a rectangle black near the selector lever. this is where most of the Armourers are putting the Armoury number (light blue pen).

Some are also leaving the serial and NATO number black (above the magwell)

I got a reply from G&G in the early hours of this morning which i replied to this morning. With in 10 minutes i got an invoice for £20.06 gor the SUSAT rail posted. I hope send it out in the same speedy manner they replied.

damn you must of got a better exchange rate i got mine for £20.11  :lol:

once it arrives ill just mount it on a bit of metal to give it the height i think

Edited by sandbagfiller

Looking good so far Crash :)

Cheers mate I've made a bit more progress so I need to update my pictures. I'm just waiting on the drop grip to arrive then the sling point and top cover strap and pin are left left to fabricate then it's a lot of prep work for paint.

Kinda cured the semi auto stall on my army r85. Fitted a non breaking fet it now fires perfectly well on semi auto. The only time it stalls now is if I flick it on auto then back to semi.

I have an ICS L85A2 that I have recently purchased.  I also have a WE L85A2 to which I have fitted the Madbull DD RIS.  I have purchased the Madbull ICS adapter bit and the RIS seems to fit quite well on the ICS (though I'm a little leary about it only being fixed at one point).  I plan to purchase another rail for my ICS L85A2 so that I do not need to trade back and forth with the GBBR (I tend to use an AEG at long MilSims while I like to skirmish with my GBBR).

I am considering the Hornbill offering over the Madbull as I like the inclusion of the replacement gas block to provide an additional mounting point for the rail (even though this is going to make fitting a LiPo in the rail).  Specifically, I'm looking at this set: http://rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=15165&cateId=0"

Does anyone here have any experience with the Hornbill RIS?  Is it decent in terms of quality and fitament to the ICS L85A2?  I'm thinkig that if the Hornbill RIS is of decent quality I will grab it because I need another SF flash hider and an optics rail adapter for my new ICS L85.

I should mention that I have the Hornbill ACOG riser mount and SF flash hider and have been thoroughly impressed with the quality of the parts.  I thought it would be wise however to do a little research prior to dumping a not insignificant chunk of cash on these parts.

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance any of you may offer!

Cheers - Dan