The SA80/L85 thread

As much as I like the tan foregrip and grip pod it is rather pointless unless the rest gets a painjob other than black or they allow us to spray them.

002tdh.jpg

001fex.jpg

Anyway here is my l85. Almost done, just waiting on flashhider and mini red dot wing mount then I am there.

What ACOG manufacturer is that, looks like the issue with the fibre going all the way to the front?

It's not the problem solved Rev - under the ACOG there is a metal loop to mount the docter sight, so it clamps on, rather than attaching to lugs.

Gotta say I don't like the tan rail system, always thought the use of green on our kit was more recognisably British than tan, and all those colours together doesn't look good, although obviously it's been considered effective enough for current ops, and that's what matters. Don't think I'll be updating my L85A2, even if the new RIS becomes available to us. Agreed on it being a tad pointless when the vast majority of the gun is still black.

One day mate they'll cotton on and release the right ACOG... Matters less to me now I've switched to a Spectre, now I am after a replica LDS...

Thing is nobody does replica spectre os4's so its just like the acog, close but not perfect. Acog is g&p as far as I can remember.

I am now having dramas with my red dot wing mount. I managed to get hold of a real trijicon one as I couldnt find any of the airsoft repros. However the g&p red dot does not fit the mount and I am adverse to butchering the mount to fit.

Solutions- Buy real trijicon red dot. Hoever they are difficult to find as TRD is no longer made and are expensive.

Butcher mount

Find repro reddot that fits (anyone know of one?)

I know nobody makes the correct Elcan, just keeping my fingers crossed. I use a Spectre DR for the moment. I has a similar problem with one of my wing mounts, I used superglue to fix it. I know that sounds permanent, but since superglue is strong but brittle, a flat head screwdriver can snap it off to get to the battery, then I simply reglue. Or look at Britkit USA for the wing mount, that's where I got mine, and their stuff is great.

So I have finally finished my l85 (for the mean time) after what was quite frankly too much money spent! It is as close as I can get it to the real deal at around the Herrick 14-16 period. The mini red dot wing mount was the biggest drama. I had to buy a stupidly expensive real steal trijicon version which required some work in order to fit the repro red dot. Anyway here are the results-

013emw.jpg

014hh.jpg

015awt.jpg

016pov.jpg

Edited by IronFist

Looking good - I'm not really a fan of the taped receiver, although I know why they put it on there. I'm begining to like the Gripod look again, I went off it and switched to an AFG, but I might set up my new L85 more accurately again - it does add abit of balance to the gun visually.

Yeh rifles on a training ex

Pinched from Facebook

Copehill?

So I have finally finished my l85 (for the mean time) after what was quite frankly too much money spent! It is as close as I can get it to the real deal at around the Herrick 14-16 period. The mini red dot wing mount was the biggest drama. I had to buy a stupidly expensive real steal trijicon version which required some work in order to fit the repro red dot. Anyway here are the results-

Very Nice

Captions just say 4 rifles. Part of 1st mech brigade, training for Herrick 18, on Salisbury plains

Couple more pics

cf89027a94b5fee95b6f7171ecb7105d_zps7f17f18b.jpg

e72986d2989d3636b35864cb324064d0_zpseabc2a89.jpg

Edited by Nutster

the Tan rifle is Krylon or similar and down to unit discretion. I know some units in Afghan can paint them but some can't. The armour is having kittens right now as people have went all Tony Hart (if you remember him) and having a bit of a gallery.

The RIS rail is issued Tan and I have some video from today which i need to go through but there is some footage of the new Tan RIS fitted. for info there are still a lot of rifles with a mixed setup. by that i mean I'm seeing rifles with tan ris, susat and old flash hider, rifle with new flash hider, susast and black ris and prety much every variation.

If anyone has the AFV model (the shrt L85) then I can confirm the latest versions have the new flash hider and looks pretty good.

I'll try to sort out a vid or some stills from the video and post them later.

Question to any one running a G&G L85 , what lipo you feeding yours ? Have just bought an AFV (thanks for the above post Mighty , now have to get a new flash hider!) any hoo there's much confusion on t'net about wether to run it on 7.4 or 11.1 lipos to the extent one retailers says "we recommend running it on a 11.1 lipo " then next breath says " BUT you will invalidate the warranty" ! so any one with actual experience please help out a confused Welshman !

Edited by Druid

It does run on a 7.4 (i used a 2200 cranestock) but it was a bit sluggish and it did lock a couple of times on semi .