The SA80/L85 thread

Iv got an ICS l85A2 with the standard front. Can I get the railed front seperately and replace my standard front. Or can I buy rail mounts that fit to the standard front.

Yes you can, but look for one that's for a Star or ICS. The other one is for G&G / Army and I believe will not fit the ICS. Try the HK suppliers (possibly RSOV or Ehobbyasia) as they tend to have them, although not always in stock.

If you want a cheap way of doing it, get a short piece of G36 rail and screw it through the plastic hanguard, either on the right side or under the front bottom piece. I did that on one of my Army L85s and it will take a torch no problem.

Does anyone know how to get the cocking handle off an R85A1? Trying to convert to an L85A2.

If it is one of the older ones it should screw off, although it may be secured by a small grub screw as well. I think later ones may be the same as the G&G, which is held by a grub screw and once loosened should just pull off. There isn't an A2 cocking handle as a direct replacement for the ARMY screw on one, but the G&G A2 is plastic and you can cut a thread into it to screw it on. Otherwise a G&G dummy slide is a direct replacement and will fit their A2 cocking handle. You can order both direct from G&G if you can't source locally (Zero One do keep some G&G L85 spare parts).

Not an accurate build but liking it and it's my secondary anyway.

006.jpg

WE CO2 L85A2

Haven't done anything to it internally other than installing an NPAS.

Runs like a dream and great fun to use.

Thats pretty lovely, I'd suggest a Specter DR and Docter combo as an approximation of an LDS. I realy am getting ridoculously tempted by the idea of GBB L85, which is silly considering I have two L85 AEGs.

Gonna keep it as it is, this is just a back up GBBR in case my L119 goes down or I want to play with something different for a day so not gonna spend alot of money on it.

It is a nice RIF though.

And don't worry, my taem mate have two L85 AEGs to and planning on getting a WE also ^^

A wee question... Of the various airsoft Magpul EMAGs available out there are any of them of the two window configuration as is UK issue and if so where's the best place to find them?

Cheers

The proper Magpul PTS Emags are dual window. They're quite expensive though and you can't get them in box sets either.

£20 a piece or there abouts. I got all of mine from Landwarrior I think, but there's some in stock for £19 at Fire Support at the moment.

Cheers for that fella.

I think Combat South stock the actual MagPul PTS ones too, I'll give 'em a shout sometime as they're my "local".

:)

Hey guys, need some advice: My Star L85 has been burning my replacement microswitches and Mosfets. Any idea why, is there a mechanical or electrical abnormality about the Star that makes it do that?

Just thought i'd share an upgrade that i did today with my gun. When i originally recieved my Army Armaments R85 from RSOV the cocking handle had been snapped off in transit.

This didn't bother me to much as i intended updating the R85 A1 into an A2. After having all the work done ,i found the only way i could fit an A2 cocking handle was to drill through the bolt carrier plate & fix a dome headed rivet through it.

This caused me a few head aches by the fact that the cocking handle would revolve.After a photo shoot this weekend i finally decided to do something about it.

I ordered the G&G Bolt Carrier Plate from Fire-support yesterday.It arrived this morning & the plate was duely fitted in place.

The only real issue i had was with the connecting plate which holds the Bolt Carrier return spring{for want of a better name } to the bolt carrier plate. I should have used the original fixing, which i eventually did.

The end result is i now have a totally solid A2 cocking handle. The cocking handle is a bit stiff & needs help to return to the closed position but i reckon that will ease off with oil or time.

I can now say i'm truely happy about using my R85 A2.

The G&G Bolt Carrier plate cost me nearly £30 with postage but it's an option if you've broken off your cocking handle.