I have heard that the glock 17 is goin to be used by uksf soon plZ can some one confirm this for me as i dont want to buy a sig if the glock comes in to action

Just got back from where I was the other week with all the cool kit, and it turns out that all said awesome weapon systems were from 22's armoury in Hereford so thats confirmation of:

Hk417 with 20" barrel and free float RAS with S&B scope

Glock 17

and Minimi with Hk416 type stock.

You can get Minimi/M249's with the standard stock tube. There's loads of picks of SEALs using crane stocks (even the old CAR-15 in one pic) on their's, so it's not impossible that they actually did put a spare 416 stock onto one (or if it's one of the many guns the MoD have had H&K fix, actually ordered some especially for this purpose).

if don't tell crap, this is just a different and more large buttpad for the L110A2E

168385L110A2profile.jpg

Edited by Guest

Lol realised the reason it doesn't look like the underside of my gimpy is that I don't have the gearbox in mine at the moment and there's a big hole there :P

I didn't realised we had railed gpmgs now, cool info.

How does the boys normaly use the 417? Do they move around with the L119a1 guys clearing compounds? Or do they stay behind on some kind of highground? Also are they mainly used with bipods or grips?

I could imagine they go in to. Depending on their role and setup tho.

Pics of 417ers with ACOG or S&B and different length barrels.

Seen Grip-Pods :D

i did this with an ares ag36 took me about an hour to do, involves tapping some threads into the launcher and putting the carry handle onto via bolts.

only pics i have are:

10fce514.jpg

7149b7f9.jpg

wish i had of took some pics as i made it ah well

Sandbagfiller,that looks very neat indeed. Any chance you'd be able to do a quick rundown of the steps you had to take and what materials you needed in addition to the ARES UGL? (That's nowadays the S&T AG36 if I'm not mistaken?)

Does that AG36 basically have the fittings to mount on a rail once you remove the G36-type handguard stuff?

No it has no fittings at all. Basically what I did was to take of the g36 hand guard and mark out where I wanted to cut it.

Then I cut the plastic to size for the sides(this hides all the internal stuff) after this strip down the launcher so your just left with the frame.

I then drilled two holes into the launcher frame and tapped some threads into them.

I then cut down and filed an m4 carry handle so it was flat and used the existing holes in it to bolt it to the launcher. I think I used a few washers as spacers too. Then attached the plastic cover I'd pre cut and cut out two positions for the locking nuts on the carry handle.

Then with the sight I just moved it forward to the next set of holes so its in the right position. Put the rest of the launcher back together and that's Pretty much it really.