Was thinking about that, might it be for a particular theater to reduce their "signature" so to speak. Only reason I say that is with the 417 being used by them with the adaptability it offers with swapping out uppers and the like I can't see the SLR offering anything the 417 can't.

Unless anyone can think of another reason why they might be using it.

Could very well be theatre specific

Another option is that they were used a stop gap due to lack of availability of the 417 (didn't see any 417s at all) although one would think the L129 would be brought in

Although if it was theatre specific to reduce signature, you would think they would have them in the most vanilla config possible

The ACOG kinda screams out western military

Given the amount of FALs seen in use in a certain middle eastern country with a running civil war... You could put 2 and 2 together.

We don't have a tin foil hat smiley here, do we?

I'm assuming Glock 17, but is that a kosher set up for UKSF? I'm about to buy a secondary that's more UKSF correct than my M92, and this may well tip the balance towards Glock rather than Sig.

Since 'they' are being issued holsters for G19's I'd say it's fine in here.

It's a KWA G19, I used the KSC red dot mount and basically just forced it into the channel where the rear sight was, certainly not going anywhere in a hurry. Looks like it might work with my TM sig but like I said it's stuck in the glock slide.

The Gen 4 Glock 19 is currently issued. I believe it has replaced the P226 across the group already.

Pic of my WE Gen4 19 with the current on issue G19 holster.

8502847E-2171-48C8-A033-739812B3E6CF_zps

Well bugger me, er hmm actually no don't!  Missed that off to investigate, quite surprised seems a bit gucci for our lot.

Sorry to ask in this thread, but does anyone know where I can pick up a decent JPoint/shield replica mini sight for mounting on a G19?

I know the aimpoint/magnifier combo is used for the 10" Diemaco. But how about the 16"? Is the same combo used, or is it still the acog for the 16"?