I've read somewhere it has been ditched due some bolt problems on hi-rate fire, or something like that...

Anyone else could say something about today 416 use...?

I've been told by a recent ex-senior member of ITDU that the 416 is not used. The 417 is (in limited numbers) by those with sea legs...

Mp5 has been fielded on the ground recently too!

This is excellent news, what set up where they using? SD/Tac grip? Was this on maritime missions or dusty places?

anyone know if any elements of UKSF use weapon lights or suppressors on sig p226's or are they just bog standard 226?

on another note, i know that MP5's have been taken out to afghan by them but does anyone know if any SD versions would have seen use like say the SD3?

Also, do they use Docters on the Top Rail of the Scope, or Sort of PEQ´s on the L115A3?

I would say probably not on the Docter front, would be pretty redundant on a sniper rifle, again the same with PEQs iirc the rail on the top is for attachment of the NV scope that sits in front of the normal scope.

Surefire X200s, X300s and x400s on the sigs pumb no idea if suppressors are usedon them.

cheers mate, Im assuming that "they" would store weapon lights in a pouch then used as an when needed as opposed to being mounted permanently due to use of the serpa?

There's a lot of talk of Safariland's becoming popular, of which there are versions that accommodate light modules. Might be an option if you're wanting to go down that route.

Yes, Safarilands are used. ISPL Vest come with Safariland Holsters for instance that accomodate space for a flashlight.

Hower, yea, a guy who´s with them told me that there are various solutions.

Eg, havin the light on a seperate rail that is bolted to the serpa or stored light in a pouch, custom kydex holsters, safarilands.

I would say probably not on the Docter front, would be pretty redundant on a sniper rifle, again the same with PEQs iirc the rail on the top is for attachment of the NV scope that sits in front of the normal scope.

Well, there´s plenty pics of (admitted) marksman rifles that either have peq´s or red dots mounted to the for various reasons...

Eg quick target acquisation etc etc..

On the L115A3 they have a seperate rail, that is mounted, where usualy that weird bipod goes. Onto that the NV is mounted..

Hence my question regarding that top rail on the scope..

From what I could hear, Eotech 551 and 552 were/are used on the MP5s.

Concerning the top rail on the scope of the L115A3, some snipers attach there a small red dot sight/holographic one, which is nice for quick target acquisition and also for aerial operations (i.e. shooting from an helicopter) while still having the magnified scope if needed.

A few questions about the HK417.

Which length, 12", 16", or both? We`ve all seen the SFSG pix, but what about the tier 1 lads.

Which silencer? Surefire 7.62?

Optics: Acog X 4, Acog X 6 (hopefully not), Schmidt & Bender of some kind, or something else?

A few questions about the HK417.

Which length, 12", 16", or both? We`ve all seen the SFSG pix, but what about the tier 1 lads.

Which silencer? Surefire 7.62?

Optics: Acog X 4, Acog X 6 (hopefully not), Schmidt & Bender of some kind, or something else?

S&B short dots with doctors mounted, same acog as on the C8's and the new one on the sharpshooter rifles.

Both lengths are in use to some degree.