Deve

Old School UKSF

well it finally arrived yesterday! the sight came with a massive spacer on it so it would clear the detachable carry handle knobs on a later M16 so i took that out and had to chop the screws with a dremel to the required length.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

it fits very tight against the body on my CA M15a2 but nothing fouls and the sight can fully adjust down to 400m. not that i can use it but it would piss me off if it didnt function properly lol

Mine arrived yesterday, absolutely filthy but all there.

I want to replace the long bolts with some shorter ones rather than cutting them. I've got some short hex headed m3 in at the moment, but the thread seems a bit coarser, so I'll try and work out what they should be.

its annoying that they have to be counter sunk screw heads on them otherwise the sight wont fit together properly.

i spent a good few days trying to find some replacements in my local motor factors etc but like yours they didnt have any threads that matched.

in the end though cutting them didnt matter to me as that sight will only ever be fitted to that rifle.

Got a few quick photos today between the showers. Not great, because they're off my phone.

Photo0292a.jpg

Ignore the Colt's pony rollmarks...one day I'll look at sorting a more appropriate lower (also wearing a '80s GI black nylon sling for when playing as an A2)

Photo0297a.jpg

Finally got my replica ( :() Falklands SBS-chestrig. Of course, being anal, I painted it, 'cause of the newish looking green fabric. Might've went overboard with my patterns. Sorta iffy about the buckles and strap attachments being kosher. After taking the pic I added some brown over the black patterns to make not-so-in-your-face.

kuva-3.jpg

Here's some recent pics of my work in progress. It's not massively accurate right now but I like to think it's a decent nod towards the old school :)

Sorry about the posing :rolleyes::lol:

bc4802de.jpg

08fd3d8c.jpg

4a76d2dd.jpg

b51dcf2a.jpg

c7ddd0e7.jpg

3730ef7a.jpg

Thoughts welcome!

good start, obviously big issue is the new 95s, get a pair of old lightweights or tropics and and old smock, should easily be found in your local surplus store, for relatively cheap,

The S95 smock was a relic from a past impression and it was cold that day :lol:

I'll get round to getting an older smock soon :) However, I can't find an older jungle hat that isn't tiny for love nor money so the new one will be staying for the foreseeable future :(

Cheers man :)

I hunted those drop pouches down for months and months and then eventually got into a bidding war on eBay that got a bit out of hand. Safe to say, they're probably equal in value to everything else I have in the pics minus the M16 :lol:

Nice rig, I never saw many people use the upper set of belt loops ( too much flapping around), might be worth banging a couple of 58 water bottle pouches on too to take up some of the space on the belt and low you to bugee, sew or rivet the pouches together to make the rig more stable.

Good belt kit though, must've been tough to get all the bits.

Oh, and get some elastics and do your trouser legs properly or just let them hang down, tucking them in your boots destroys allyness.

Cheers man! Yeah, it's been a long work in progress and has needed a fair bit of patience and cash to put the webbing together but I'm really quite happy with it at the moment. Just need a proper E&E pouch and I'll be sorted.

I've been toying with the idea of making loops on my '58 water bottle pouches as I find that the standard 'hooks' don't really get along well with the roll pin belt and I could do with the extra carrying capacity.

With regards to the tucking in of the trousers, I'm not entirely sure why I chose to do that on the day because I usually just let them hang loose :)

Instead of loops on the 58 pouches you could get another length of roll pin strap and sew along the inside of the belt with vertical stitching to make pockets or replace the c clips with ALICE belt keepers.

A good nick E&E pouch that I was watching on eBay last week went for roughly £40. Bloody bargain, gutted I missed it!

And Spud, that's a good tip, I have an old ALICE pouches lying around that the keepers could be liberated from!

Some from today. Trying out a new and improved old school look. WHY did I get rid of my SLR?!?! Also, watch out for the obligatory ghey posing

5efc7d01.jpg

460f0496.jpg

ef63312d.jpg